Making memories one day at a time.......and then I write about it.

Friday, March 19, 2010

Tim's Got Nothing on The SM



Mr. T came home from school awhile back with a paper. A paper that said he needed to make a simple machine. This machine had to have three parts to it which in my opinion made it NOT simple right there. Mr. T informed us that he didn't do so hot on his last science test and since this project was a major part of his grade......it had to be good.

Enter The SM....... Remember the show, "Home Improvement" with Tim the Tool man? Yeah well, Tim the Tool man has nothing on The SM. You see, The SM is not only a sexy scout master.......he's also an engineer. This assignment!! Oh the possibilities!! Out comes the compass and calculator and....are you ready? The graphing paper! Oooo la LA! The only left was the pocket protector!

The SM put Mr. T to work and told him to come up with an idea, a plan of what he wanted and he'd help him.



The two master minds hard at work....thinking.....thinking.....discussing....

Can I just say something here? I mean, it's just me and all, but logically one would think.....if one wanted to get a good grade on their project....building a machine that dumps water on their teachers head when he walks in the door.......might not be the way to go.......I'm just thinking.......but......what do I know?

Test run. Mr. T sets up his simple machine and waits...for his older brother to get home from school and walk unsuspecting into his room where NOT water dumps on his head. I know. I'm no fun. I didn't want soggy carpet BUT, his brothers dirty laundry......

Does it work?

21 comments:

  1. Is Mr. T in the 8th grade? Because my Thumbelina just had that same assignment and she drew up plans for "The Awesome Alarm Obliterator!" which her dad helped her build in the garage. It's a device that, when you push your snooze button, causes a balloon to pop and a light to come on to assist in getting you out of bed. Maybe they could combine their efforts and dump cold water on the snooze-button-pusher, too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gerb, LOL! Yes, Mr. T is in 8th. You idea sounds fabulous! There are a few here that could use that when getting up in the morning. I of course am not one of them......(snort) but I'd sure get a kick out of seeing that in action on others!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like to order one for each of my kids room!
    mc

    ReplyDelete
  4. I may have to borrow that so I can dump my kids dirty socks on their heads that they PROMISED they had picked up. Might just cure their disobedience!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marci, Mr. T still hasn't presented his project yet. Everyday he comes home I'm dying to know how it went. The SM said several teachers saw he and Mr. T setting it up and were laughing tickled pink that Mr. T was going to dump water on Mr. Lockwood's head. I just shake my head and wonder.......and wish I'd had a project like this when I was growing up! :D I've several teachers I'd have loved dumping water on. :D

    Natalie, With the sock wars we have that go on around here...having socks dumped on The Native's head would only add to the strategy I think. Do your kids have sock wars? I get so sick and tired of walking around a corner and SMACK, I get binged upside of the head with another dang sock!

    Now, dirty underwear.....but then again they don't leave those laying around the house thank goodness!! Just their socks that become missiles!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's one way to get 'em to pick up laundry ;D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now, water which had been used for the rinsing of dirty laundry, THAT would have been entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Emma, Except it is the wrong kid picking up the laundry! :)

    Uncle Rush, That. My friend. Is disgusting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jody, Let's just hope his teacher has a sense of humor eh? :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE the idea of dumping my kids' dirty laundry that they've left laying around all over the house on their heads...brilliant!

    Just for the record: I hate parent projects.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lori, Grumble grumble grumble grumble. That is what we've been doing since we learned of this project. Parent projects.....as if we don't have enough to do......

    I think Mr. T should put a patent on this thing and start selling it. From the comments.....he could get rich and then I could retire. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I could see my kids using this on me. They would do it, you know.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lyndee, Oh totally! It wouldn't be dirty laundry over here though. I'd get water dumped on my head!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome machine!! What do kids like better than something that dumps stuff on other people's heads! I would've loved one of those. Probably still would.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ginna, Yesterday we had Stake Conf. in the Provo Tabernacle and as we were sitting up in the balcony I thought, "I wonder how many people have had things dropped on their heads down below from flying objects up here".

    I know The Native's would take secret delight in sending things over the edge rather than listen for two hours.....

    ReplyDelete
  16. Rachel, I thought the same thing yesterday when I saw someone's scriptures setting on that ledge! I thought, "Wow, that could be really bad...and REALLY entertaining."

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ok. It should've read "sitting".

    Sorry, it was another one of those nights here and my brain is gone!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Natalie, Settin' sittin'. Same thing. :D

    The kids in front of us had papers, coloring crayons, etc. I was just waiting for those to fall. If it were my kids...they would have.

    I was thinking how if a book or toy were to fall it really could be bad for the person below. What would you do? Yell out BOMBS AWAY!!! HEADS UP!!! During the meeting? Or would you hurry and duck and hope no one would know it was you? Either way, it would cause quite the disturbance.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Not to mention a trip to the emergency room possibly....

    ReplyDelete
  20. i had awesome seats to watch stuff fall from the balcony. I would have been sad if something happened during michael's feeding or blow-out (yes, they happened w/in 10mins of each other) cuz i would have missed it.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Marseille, Never fails doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead..you know ya wanna comment!