Making memories one day at a time.......and then I write about it.

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

What do you do with leftover yarn?

When I finished my baby girl's demented bunny I had quite a bit of yarn left. What do you do with left over yarn? I'm a quilter....or at least I used to be BWN (before West Nile). Any left over fabric I hoarded and used in scrappy quilts. My favorite kind of quilt! Yarn? Seriously, what do you do? Put it in the "craft" box that contains all sorts of odds and ends that I deem useless to me but great for the natives to explore with I guess.



My baby sis has left. She left on Monday and I was terribly sad. I'm still mourning. While she was here she told me about how baby leg warmers were popular. Babies wear them with a diaper cover and a t-shirt and little shoes. How adorable! I was ready to grab my SM right then and there and have him help me produce a baby so I could put my baby in some of these leg warmers but my sister came to my SM's rescue and suggested I make some for her baby. It isn't quite the same is it? I won't bore you with a long monologue about how WNV (West Nile Virus) has changed my life and how some days I'm not very brave and I feel really sorry for myself and I want the physical and emotional pain to go away. Instead, I get to sit and take up things like......knitting.......So, living vicariously through others and in this case, my baby sis it'll have to do so that is what I did. I made her baby some leg warmers and I am so proud of myself.



Not only have I made a demented bunny but I've now made my baby niece look like she has Big Bird legs!



Isn't she adorable? I hope my baby sis has a bunch more of these since I can't anymore.

5 comments:

  1. she loves her big bird legs!!! adorable! too bad the stork doesn't really deliver.....darn it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CUTE!! CUTE!! CUTE!! CUTE!!
    She looks adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're a good team! You make the adorable leg warmers and I make the cute baby to go in them. Thank you Aunt Rachel!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We DO make a good team don't we Sarah? We always have! :D

    Misty, I'm with ya on the stork thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very sweet legs. Can she dance?

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead..you know ya wanna comment!