Making memories one day at a time.......and then I write about it.

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Well this is inconvenient!

The other day a friend of mine who is oh so sweet took me for a spin in her new car up to "the big city". She took me to a store that is evil. Very very evil. It is full of all sorts of kitchen gadgets and chocolate. Hoards and hoards of chocolate.

When we left I told myself that I would be strong. I would withstand all temptation and not spend a dime. I don't need another gadget.

Apparently, I did cuz I ended up in line at the check out. It was my turn to pay and as I gave the cashier my credit card she asked, "may I see some I.D."? No problem, I went to give her my drivers license and IT'S GONE!

I dug around in my purse thinking it may have gotten lost in its endless depths but no. When I got home I looked in my jeans I'd worn last but no! Tracing back to the last time I'd used it was at the airport on my way home for I.D.

Do you know what this means? I have to get another one!!! I have to go through the whole bad hair photo experience! Not only that, but with my brain these days I have to retake the test and what if I fail??? Do you know how much fun the natives would have with that one?

And the worst part of this whole story.......if there can be a worst with the whole bad hair taking a photo part.......I tease my SM all the time about losing his!! Dang it! I hate it when things like this come back to bite me in the bum.

6 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear that! I know I'm getting more forgetful and lose things easier than I use to (I forgot my hubby's birthday when we were on our trip). I still have my license from when it was the "original" ones. I was informed that I will have to get a new one this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. there must be a lincense thief because tyler lost his too...he didnt have to take the test but we did have to stand in line...fill out paper work... do the vision test...provide proof of residency....there r some crazy people at the DMV too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. inconvenient is right, what a bummer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um. I'd be a little worried about my identity, too. I hope it ended up shredded somehow. Like, can you accidentally shred a driver's license? It's probably in one of your bags. Or something. Yow. Now I'm worried.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How frustating! But I want to know where this store is? It sounds like Heaven! I'm always looking for new gadgets to make up for my ineptness in the kitchen and of course, I'm always looking for chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now--if I make a humourous comment about this it really WILL come back and bite me in the rear, so I am going to refrain. And I'm sure you can dredge one more "A" at least out of that tired old brain. ;) <3

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead..you know ya wanna comment!