Making memories one day at a time.......and then I write about it.

Thursday, November 7, 2013

Mawwwwridge



Since November is the month of gratitude, I decided to do something fun for The Scout Master.  I came up with a list of 101 things that I love about and am grateful to him for.  I put it on his pillow for him to find.

As I was thinking of 101 things I started to think about marriage, any relationship actually, and how it is really easy to find the things we don't like.  To knit pick apart someone or something and focus on the negative things.  When we start to look for and focus on the negative things then that is all we start to see.  It's easy to tear apart a marriage or a relationship!  Easy peasy!!  If we want a relationship to fail then all we need to do is start thinking about ourselves and being selfish and finding fault with the other.  Simple!

I really enjoyed pondering and thinking about all of the things I love about The SM.  I took a couple of days and throughout the days as I would think about yet another thing I love about The SM I would jot it down.  Can you imagine how our relationships would be different if we spent everyday thinking about and pondering how grateful we are about the other person and what we love about them?  Magic!!

Try it!  I dare ya!  No, I double dog dare ya!

P.S.  I'm sorry Wabi.  Another video!!  It's the part in Princess Bride where the priest is mawwwwring Buttercup and Prince Disgusting.

5 comments:

  1. Oh, the Princess Bride <3 Tying into what you're saying here, the other day my husband asked me to get the milk for him. My answer? "As you wish." Happy, mawwwwried fools :-)

    What a wonderful idea, Rachel. And so very true. Focus on that which we wish to celebrate or welcome into our lives. Dare accepted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! My husband does that all of the time, "As you wish....." I love it! I love being happy mawwried fools. :D It will be 21 years for us in a few weeks!!

      Dare accepted. You rock!

      Delete
  2. Every so often I make a list like the one you're making--sometimes it's just a mental list, sometimes it's one I write down and give to Scott--it IS fun to do, and it is just as easy as you've described.

    Maybe I'll take your challenge this month . . . maybe next :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too Anaise but I've never done one to this extent so it was fun to focus on and write so many things down.

      If you did it next month, you could give it as a stocking stuffer! :D Or you could not worry about being pressured and keep doing what you're doing, just taking mental notes. I bet Scott could come up with a list twice as long of things he loves about you.

      Delete
  3. I've found that things that come easy and don't require effort I don't appreciate and take care of as much so I think marriages and relationships are supposed to be work! I feel the same way about you and Ron. Such blessings in our lives!!!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead..you know ya wanna comment!