Making memories one day at a time.......and then I write about it.

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Does NOTHING get past this boy?

We woke up this morning to a FREEEEEEZING house. I looked at the thermostat and it was obvious that the furnace wasn't working. The temperatures outside got down into the teens and it felt like it was sub zero in our house with frozen icicles hanging from our noses.

I woke The SM up and told him something was wrong with the furnace and to go and check it out. I got my oldest up and had him make a fire (oh I am SO glad we have a wood stove.........). Meanwhile the The Natives tried getting ready for school while their teeth were chattering so hard their heads were bouncing on their shoulders.

The SM finally figured out what had happened. Levi was playing down in the hall last night that is next to our furnace. I didn't realize he'd opened the door to the furnace room but apparently he saw a really cool switch right at his eye level and flipped it! Darn kid!

(Explanation: I sleep with my windows open in my bedroom so that is why I did not realize that the rest of the house was so cold.........and before I went to bed I thought it was a bit cold in the house but then I AM ALWAYS COLD SO LEAVE ME ALONE FOR NOT REALIZING LAST NIGHT THAT THE DANG FURNACE WAS BROKEN. Honestly, you'd think I have nothing better to do than eat ice cream and watch "Riverdance"...........hee, it was choc. chip cookie dough ice cream..........SO I WAS COLD OKAY???? and normally we have those doors locked but the dang above said child that we're talking about that can get into anything and everything has since busted those locks!)

P.S. And the dang above said kid must have broken the spell check button on this here bloggy thing cuz it hasn't been working for about A WEEK so I'm sorry for the lousy spelling. It isn't my fault..........I homeschool.......:D

2 comments:

  1. oh brrr! No wonder you're always cold. You and my mom are the crazy ones who sleep with open windows in the winter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Open windows! Yes. I bet I'd be sleeping right now, if I could get my man to be just a little flexible in the window department. Thankfully, I don't have anybody running around throwing too many essential switches~

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead..you know ya wanna comment!