Making memories one day at a time.......and then I write about it.

Friday, February 1, 2008

Just "exercising" and "having fun"

I love being the butt end of a joke. Especially when I've no idea.

My oldest son is the best. He really is. He is my right hand man and has been ever since he was a baby himself and the next baby came along. There are times though when I think I need to sit him down and just "explain" some things that he does or says........he's had the talk about the birds and the bees but I think some things just aint clicking for him..........for example.....

When he was about 11 or so our next door neighbor shared some information with me that our oldest Native had shared with him and his wife. He felt I "ought to know". Tanslation: I'm gonna tell you something cuz I wanna see you turn red and once again be the laughing stock of the neighborhood. I'm okay with that by the way. I've earned this honor and I hold it in the highestest of honors! Don't EVEN try to take it from me. You'll fail miserably. No one can be as big a fool as me.

So, he tells me that the subject of exercising came up and my oldest being the honest to goodness saint that he is......... only felt it his duty to let my neighbors know that he was danged proud of his mamma. He was going to brag and so he let my neighbors know that he could hear his mamma and daddy exercising all night long!!!!!!!......................

I just love this Native. I'm so proud.................

It is hard to punish obedience. My oldest is sometimes too obedient. This past Christmas season right before Christmas he was babysitting. The SM and I were celebrating our 15th wedding anniversary. You know the safety rules. You tell your kids don't let anyone in the house.......don't let anyone know you're alone......etc. etc. etc. (Side note here: a person would have to be REALLY REALLY REALLY crazy to even want to break into our house considering how many little punks are swinging from the rafters in this joint.)

Back to my story: So, The SM and I are gone and being the Christmas season lovely friends and neighbors are out delivering plates of Christmas goodies and spreading Christmas cheer and Peace on Earth. The SM and I get home and we see two sets of footprints (it had been snowing) on our sidewalk leading to our house so we knew someone had stopped by. We asked our eldest about it and yes, some wonderful neighbors of ours the had brought over a plate of goodies. How wonderful! I love the Christmas season! I love sugar! I love candy! I LOVE chocolate! December came and went............January came and went.............and then..........we find out.........what really happened..........now that EVERYONE knows except The SM and I of course.

Our neighbors had indeed come to the door. The conversation goes as follows..........

Neighbor: Are you parents here?
Eldest: Yes (remember rule number 1: Don't let them know we're not here)
Neighbor: May we see them?
Eldest: No, they are having fun.
Neighbor: (Confused--) Having fun......in the back yard........at the kitchen table playing a card game.........?
Eldest: No. They are in their bedroom......................


I guess it wouldn't have worked if our eldest had said, "they are tied up at the moment and can't come to the door" either..............

2 comments:

  1. That's ok. Dad called us; Cleo (who was then 6) told him that mom and dad were in the shower and not to be disturbed. Of course I find out about the phone call from Dad days later who was still laughing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh man.....that's rich. Brennan is so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead..you know ya wanna comment!