Making memories one day at a time.......and then I write about it.

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Conducting Business As Usual


Mr. Conductor, Sir Topham Hatt checks to make sure Thomas is ready and all passenger cars are secure.
All aboard and ready to go!


A double decker bus and Lightning McQueen wait for the gates to open after Thomas flies past with his precious cargo.


It's perfectly normal for little boys to set up their new train sets under a foosball table yes?  Especially if you are wearing your new gargantuan life size bunny slippers.


Tucked away under a table so no one steps on and bothers your train.  Of course you have to be small enough to tuck oneself under said table not to mention small enough to be able to lounge and lay down in the middle of the small circle of tracks.........  there's only one in this family that small.


Oh look!  One of the bunnies is sitting up and watching now!  Harold the helicopter is noisy enough to make anyone wake up and take notice.


The train passes, the gates go up,  the bus crosses back over the tracks......... and it starts all over again.

13 comments:

  1. What a sweet story you have captured here...and what a gift that imagination is...no electronics involved! Could you add teaching parenting classes to your schedule????
    And those bunny slippers! They need names.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does an electric train count as an electronic? Because if so, I've failed the parenting class. :)

    As for the slippers, I need to get video of both he and his older brother Mr. C, who both asked for bunny slippers, a video of them trying to walk in the fool things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No. Electric trains are definitely not 'electronics'. So, you can still teach the class! Are the bunny slippers like walking in show shoes? That's an acquired skill for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking walking in the bunnies are very much like walking in snow shoes. Snow shoe bunnies. :)

      Delete
  4. I'm spoiling this one to death... One should never have last one to baby. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sets are made to be - broken up and mixed together and put into new stories. And bunnies? PERFECT fit for feet. I wish I had a foosball table to curl up under -

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mr. J has several train sets and he does just that. A lot of mixing of them and coming up with amazing tracks that wind all through my living room.

      It cracks me up the two boys in their bunny slippers....... I need to take a photo of the two of them side by side.

      Delete
  6. Absolutely perfectly normal. Those are some great problem-solving skills emerging there! And a crossing really is a bit ho-hum unless there is traffic, especially CELEBRITY traffic. Our kids would get along famously.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know our kids would get a long famously. I just know they would as you and I would/do. :) Can't wait to meet you this summer in person. :D You're coming with Donna right? Yes? :)

      Delete
  7. Fab! I so wish I could fit under a table - he looks like he's having such a great time, so engrossed in the wonderful world of Thomas x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness! Me too! Now that the holidays are over I've no excuse and am back to exercising. Ugh! I'd rather eat what I want and sit and knit and be cozy........

      Delete
    2. Those bunny slippers are simply OUTRAGEOUS!

      Sweet little guy.

      Delete
    3. As Mr. J went up the stairs to bed last night, he reached down and wiggled one of the paws waving to Brian and I goodnight. He then told us he still hadn't named them yet. :)

      Delete

Go ahead..you know ya wanna comment!