Making memories one day at a time.......and then I write about it.

Saturday, November 10, 2007

Levi's first lost tooth

And once again.......if I knew the future I could plan for it. For awhile now I've known that Levi would start to get loose teeth and I have been worried. I've wondered how he would handle it not knowing and understanding what was going on. I've had images of Levi losing his tooth and having a melt down because we couldn't put it back and "fix it". I've worried that when he would see the blood it would upset him.......Never in all of my worries did what really happen occur!

Two days ago while putting Levi to bed I was wiggling his tooth and he was giggling. Next thing I know the thing literally pops out. I showed him the tooth and he felt with his tongue and continued to giggle! That was the extent of it! Where the trauma came from was his siblings on the Tooth Fairy of all things! Were we going to call the tooth fairy because he doesn't understand and doesn't know who the tooth fairy is........It never occurred to me to even think about the blasted tooth fairy which by the way........whoever came up with this tradition I would like to rearrange THEIR teeth. The very idea of waiting until your child is asleep.......sneaking into their bedroom and trying to find a little itty bitty tooth in their vast bad that started under their pillow but since they've fall asleep has since moved elsewhere......trying to keep the money quiet as you slide your hand under THEIR HEAD...........

Anyway.........so, Levi lost his first tooth and it ended up being more traumatic for his siblings than for him!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Rachel!! Hi and I'm glad you're blogging. I hope you don't mind if I visit and read what you're writing. I just think you're the coolest. And I really like hearing the Levi stories.
    Hugs from KC!

    Ginna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always forgot to get the darned tooth and l eave the money. I'd have a child come up to me, dripping tears with a tooth in hand - the dang fairy forgot again.

    I HATED having my teeth pulled, which my mother would do with DENTAL FLOSS!! Funny - I'd sort of forgotten all about this aspect of life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to laugh. The tooth fairy has been late many times at our house. Once she forgot three nights in a row! The owner got extra money for that tooth with a note to thank the child for being so patient.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead..you know ya wanna comment!