Making memories one day at a time.......and then I write about it.

Thursday, November 29, 2007

A Mish-Mash

I am told that I have the greatest kids in the world. This is no secret to me. I've felt this since the first time I layed eyes on my first baby! :o) Every once in awhile they will do things that take those mommy feathers and puff them up with pride.

Yesterday Matthew stayed home from school because of a sore throat. My Matthew is 9 years old. As his siblings were getting ready for school I told them all that they needed to bring down their dirty clothes to the laundry. As Matthew's siblings were throwing on coats and back packs he informed them not to worry about their laundry that he would do it so they wouldn't be late for school and he did! He went and gathered every one's laundry and sorted it all and took their baskets back to their rooms. Not an easy thing when you realize that some of his siblings haven't been bringing down their laundry as often as they should and had monster piles!!

It was a proud mommy moment!

1 comment:

  1. MATTHEW!! What a MAN!! I am so proud of him. I loved him anyway, but now, my respect for him has grown. What a great guy. Hope that soar throat clears up. I feel a little sick, too, actually.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead..you know ya wanna comment!