Making memories one day at a time.......and then I write about it.

Sunday, December 16, 2007

A great big hug!

I can't remember how many hugs a day "they" say a child needs a day but with seven children I know my kids aren't reaching their quota's. Especially when you have a child like Levi who won't look you in the eye longer than a second let alone let you hug him. That is........didn't used to..........The most amazing thing has happened in the last couple of weeks. About two weeks ago I had been out somewhere and came home. As I walked in the door Levi came running up to me, gave me a hug, and said, "you're back"! I was so shocked! I tried to grab him and hug him back but he was off and running and I thought what an amazing and wonderful gift he'd just given me. Since then he has continued when ever I come back in the front door even if I've just gotten the mail.

He'll come running up to me and wrap his arms around my legs and rest his head against me for a second and then he is off and running around again. As I said at the beginning of this post, I'm not sure how many hugs a day you're supposed to give your kids but I can tell you my Levi can't give me enough hugs. I feel as if I'm a dry sponge soaking up every drop of his hugs that I can get. I pray he continues and that this blessing I've been given will last forever!

2 comments:

  1. Oh what a blessing. I just love kid's hugs. Especially those rare ones. It's like having a butterfly land on your finger or something,

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead..you know ya wanna comment!