Making memories one day at a time.......and then I write about it.

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The Road to Recovery


Couldn't find original photographer of photo.

The road to recovery looks a lot like this. Lots of ups and downs.



Couldn't find original photographer of photo.

I'm okay with that. As long as the ups start to be more up than down.



Image by Eric Moretti at www.10inkstudios.com

I'm learning that on this road even if you feel like a race car you can't drive at race car speeds.


Original photographer unknown

Nope! This journey has to be driven more like this. And that is okay too because there is a gorgeous view out there to be taken in along the way if I'm willing to look.

I have to admit that recovery has been nothing like I imagined. I've had a gazillion kids! I expected it to be much like that. A few days down resting and then up and at em. Nu UH! I have to keep reminding myself that I had not only one surgery but two and the word major comes into play.

When you have a baby you come home sore and exhausted but euphoric! At least for the first week.....then reality hits and you're a zombie for the next 18 years. I'm thinking this is going to be the opposite. Zombie for the first few weeks and then euphoric because I won't be in that kind of pain anymore!

I'm embracing this next chapter in my life. I think it is going to be fabulous. I think.....my only complaint......is I'm gonna be embracing it sitting in my freezer naked if someone doesn't turn down the heat soon!!

12 comments:

  1. Heat. HAHAHAHAHAHH!!!!!! Loved the bed race shot. That first shot looks like Missouri. I wish we had ground like that around here. It'd be fun to ride. In the woods. Out of the woods.. Which is where you have to come from -

    Zombie for 18 YEARS!!! Oh, sistah_ yeah -I hear that. And I guarantee - until you start taking it for granted, the change you have just made is AMAZING!! If only I had known, all those years ago -

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pics! Enjoy sitting in front of your freezer. It's better that then going outside and sitting naked in the snow. ;P

    ReplyDelete
  3. careful in that freezer now dear. you don't want anything fallin' off in there...

    those pics are great. love it. you are really the race car though. you are just waiting for your spare tire to get here. mail order. you know...the mail isn't always super reliable...

    oh...had a dream about you last night. i would have never known i had that dream exceptin' i was woked up by the smelly dog we are trying to own. cause you can own a dog. anyway. we were just hanging out at your house talkin' some trash. :)

    there you go. now. get back on that gurney and fly baby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Argh, recovery from surgery is SO HARD! When Kris broke his collarbone he had to have surgery to have a titanium plate put in. It took forever for him to recover--a couple of weeks really. And you'd think with something kind of quick and almost superficial like that would be easy to bounce back from, right?
    So anyway that's just how it is. And my mom would say (she's probably already said this to you) "he maketh me to lie down beside the still waters." That's not always easy.
    Love you, keep resting!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you're home…and on that road.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah for recovery and embracing your next chapter of life! :D

    I hope your journey is filled with great views! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kristen, I know! Aren't those photos GORGEOUS! I would love love love to ride through those woods. On a horse, a Harley! I don't care!

    I'll try not to take this new venture for granted. ;)

    Carrilyne, And so my dear, are you!! And I'm not just sayin' that.

    Chastina, I dunno......if my yard were full of snow....I might be tempted to go out and make some buck naked snow angels!

    Misty, If it were the right stuff I'd be happy to let it fall off. Unfortunetly, I think fat has to be chiseled off..

    Dang male order. Oh! Did you say mail order? Sorry.....it's the Lortab!!

    Figures you'd have a dream about me and stinky smelly dog......it's all about keeping the covers sealed down around you honey. Keep them covers sealed around you!!

    Ginna, It is hard! I had no idea! And yeah...your mom has told me that like A HUNDRED TIMES. I'm about ready to womp her on the head and see how she likes keeping still. :D

    Lyndee, Isn't that bed one a crack up!

    Uncle Rush, See ya at the cross walk soon!

    Corine, As long as this vehicle can get some air conditioning I'm up for all sorts of journeys and views!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow...naked snow angels. Now that is desperation! I can tell you from experience- snow when you are really, really hot is heaven! So go for it! ;)

    Those pics were gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Be patient with yourself. You will get better. It's okay to be slow right now.

    I hope your air conditioner is in tip-top shape for the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Natalie, Today...I am freezing.....this is so odd.

    Anaise, I keep telling myself that. Just be patient. I never was a very patient patient. ;)

    Jody, Amen! Holding onto that!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead..you know ya wanna comment!