Making memories one day at a time.......and then I write about it.

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Close Up and Personal


When doing photography........and I say photography loosely because I do not consider myself to be a photographer by any means......... but, when I take photos I have come to realize something.


I like detail.  I like to get close.  Really really close.  I love the panoramic views like I took in the mountains but I find myself finding little things among  the grandeur that I like to focus on.


And then I get in its face.  Or would that be 'it's' face........  Kristen teases me that I like to throw apostrophes around like grain to my chickens.


These are some door knobs that are on the LDS temple in Salt Lake City, Utah.  "Holiness To The Lord".  I love that.  I love the detail.  Such a beautiful old building.


The flowers on the temple grounds are always amazingly gorgeous.  I want the gardeners on the temple grounds to come and work in my yard!


Close up and personal.  God's creations.  I love them.  I can tell that He loves us so much because His attention to detail in nature and all the things around us means that we, His children.......  He pays attention to every little detail in our lives as well.  If He knows where each little sparrow falls.......  then He knows so much more and cares so much more about us than we give Him credit for perhaps...........

13 comments:

  1. Yes, he does. I love when he allows us a reminder that he loves us and our "details".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. It always overwhelms me when He does. That little insignificant me, would be noticed.....

      Delete
  2. I love the details, too....always wanting to take the little pictures, but I never knew why....you explained it so well. I am going to take some more detail pictures....and think about God in the details! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And then you better post them so the rest of us can enjoy and revel in the detail too! :D

      Delete
  3. I like detail too. There is much to contemplate in detail. But I like the bigger picture too, and how the light adds its own detail. And speaking of its or it's - you got it (ha!) right the first time. In this case, only use the apostrophe if it's a contraction of "it is" or "it has". But really, I don't know what I'm talking about. I'm probably embarrassing myself. Kristen is definitely the one to ask!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The light that you are able to capture Wabi is something else. We don't get that light here. I wish we did...... it has a feel of magic.

      Thank you for the lesson on "its" and "it's". Kristen had her chance to school us and she didn't take it!!! :D

      Delete
  4. Your photos and sentiment are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 'God is in the details' as the saying goes and here is the proof. I too like looking closely - it's nice when you notice something that you wouldn't have otherwise x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes. The details come to life with a camera in hand. I sometimes miss things until I see them through the lens. The beauty of it - definitely God's handiwork.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The camera puts a frame around it blocking out all of the noise. I need that sometimes.

      Delete

Go ahead..you know ya wanna comment!