Making memories one day at a time.......and then I write about it.

Monday, March 18, 2013

Builders


There are so many metaphors that could be used for this set of photos.


Mr. J sat for hours setting up his wood stacking robots at the end of his race track.  He'd then launch his match box car at the robots............


And down they'd come.  This one was cool.  It only knocked out the center yellow robot but the rest of the tower remained.


There are a endless ways to stack these robots which makes them pretty high on the cool factor.


Stacking them with a wide base which makes the tower of robots shorter.........



Or stacking them one on top of the other seeing how high you can get your tower.


The higher the tower, the more impressive the fall.  When you're a little boy, that is the goal.  To see how fantastic of an explosion of robots you can get.


There are builders in this world.  People who just naturally build others and there are destroyers.  Those who can't seem to see the good in anything or others.  Gossip.  Hate it.


Life can do that to us sometimes.  Throw curve balls or racing cars at us.


We find ourselves toppling over and wonder if we have the courage/strength to get back up again knowing that one curve ball/race car isn't ever going to be all there is.  There will be more.


Sometimes we wonder how many time we have to pick ourselves up and why we keep getting knocked down.  Go knock someone else down for awhile and leave us alone.


Those who follow my blog know that I am religious.  I believe in a Higher Being.  This brings me comfort.  I know that no matter how many times I get knocked down, the Master Builder will be there to help me pick up the pieces and put me back together again.


No matter how massive the fall........

19 comments:

  1. Amen. AMEN!!!

    Beautifully - umm - constructed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And the robots remind me that we all fit together in many different ways...are stronger together....are designed to be connected....
    Amen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I love it!!! I love where this is taking us. :D AMEN!

      Delete
    2. I'm so happy we found out how we connect!

      Delete
  3. Yes, and the stronger the foundation, the stronger we are. Oh wait, that's what Donna said. Okay then, just a heartfelt "Ditto!"

    And I love what you did here.


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved the process. I had to get photos of what he was doing.

      Delete
  4. Definitely a reminder I need quite often. Thanks, Rachel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And the wonderful thing is that he has lots of people here on earth to help with that re-building process as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So very true!!! So many who love him so much!!!

      Delete
  6. Loved it and all the comments too. Good thing for me to read today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like linking arms with you. Makes it easier to withstand things that come our way.

      Delete
  7. Guaranteed the Master Builder doesn't think you lean on him way too much. I know He wishes we'd all turn to Him and lean on Him more. That brings me comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! This is Jewels. (Yes, I read you blogs too.) This is a poem that Mr. Z taught us last year that I think goes with your blog post:

    The Builder

    I past one day through a busy town,
    and saw them tearing a building down.
    With a "Ho, heave, ho!" and a husky yell,
    they swung a beam and a sidewall fell.

    I asked the foreman, "Are these men skilled?
    The kind you'd hire if you had to build?"
    "No," he chuckled. "No indeed,
    the common laborer is all I need.
    I can easily destroy in a day or two,
    what builders have taken weeks to do."

    I thought to myself as I went on my way,
    which of these roles have I tried to play?
    Am I a builder who works with care,
    strengthening lives by rule and square,
    shaping my peers to a well-made plan,
    helping them do the best they can?
    Or am I a wrecker who walks the town,
    content with the labor of tearing down?

    -Author Unknown

    I love that poem! I hung it on our fridge when Mr. Z gave us each one to memorize. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jewels, I'm glad you posted this poem. I was thinking about Mr. Z when I wrote this post. :D

      Delete
  9. Loverly thoughts to close out my Easter Sabbath. The photos really enhance your message. Thing is, this message is spoken from a heart that knows. You DO get back up and you keep on building . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try Miss Ginger and thanks to friends like you who pick me up, it makes getting back up easier.

      Delete

Go ahead..you know ya wanna comment!