Making memories one day at a time.......and then I write about it.

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

I want my own Harley

Last year when we drove up to Montana to visit my parents we had an odd thing happen. We were just outside of Idaho Falls in the predawn. I was driving that leg of the trip and out of the corner of my eye I saw a flash of something and then heard this THUNK sound. I knew I'd hit a bird........

We gassed up in Idaho Falls and continued on our merry way as the sun started to come up. When we hit Salmon, Idaho and gassed up again. I was more than ready to let Brian take over the driving. He walked around the front of the truck and got a funny look on his face and beckoned me to get out of the truck and come and look. There stuck in the headlight was a falcon. It had hit dead on and stuck with its butt and legs sticking straight out. Kind of morbid but looked quite funny.

****************************************
When I get on a motorcycle or quad I can't control myself. I can't quit laughing and smiling and the faster I go the more I bust up laughing. I passed a couple yesterday on a motorcycle and I had a vision. The male driver was sitting there behind the bug splatter glass while his wife (I presume) was sitting perched up behind him with her face in the wind. All I could think of is if it were me I'd be laughing my head off, mouth wide open catching bugs and some big ol' falcon would come diving in after them............SO, I want my own Harley with my own bug/falcon splatter glass because it isn't lady like to have bird feet and butt sticking out of ones mouth..........I would know.........I've spent a lifetime eating crow................

1 comment:

  1. I need to catch up. I need to jump on a Harley. No, a horse, and run fast and catch up on all these bloggy-things and have some fun and play dodge the falcon and stop feeling like the escalator just keeps going up and down, faster and faster.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead..you know ya wanna comment!