Making memories one day at a time.......and then I write about it.

Sunday, October 12, 2014

Business As Usual




Once upon a time, there was a mum who's dog she was training was attached to her hip.  She realized it had been awhile since her puppy had used the facilities out in the back yard so took her puppy out to take care of 'business'.

The mum walked out the door, walked into the yard, looked up, and was breathless by what she saw.  The heavens were on fire and their brightness was reflecting off of the mountains and the fall colors of the leaves that could be seen even from a distance.

The mum stopped her puppy mid 'business' and ran her back inside to grab her camera as she knew moments like these are but fleeting.  She tossed (not literally) her puppy in it's kennel and began snapping photos knowing that she wouldn't be able to capture what she was seeing with the naked eye and feeling but wanted to attempt capturing a piece of it.

The moment has passed, and thankfully, puppy waited patiently with crossed eyes and legs for the mum to take her back outside to finish.  Some things, you just have to grab at the moment and pray others and puppies understand.


4 comments:

  1. Wow and Wow and Wow, and I missed it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It went quick. Just from the few minutes it took me to run back inside and get my camera, the red went from the bottoms of the mountains to where you can see it in these photos. When I saw it, the entire mountain was in red. I think the sun is like me. When it is time for bed, don't get in my way. I go down fast. Get out of my way! I'm exhausted!!!

      Delete
  2. Gasp! Imagine walking out into your yard and seeing this! Er, I guess *you* don't have to imagine, but I do. Like K said, wow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was quite stunning! It was so fleeting. I wish it would have lasted longer and as my husband said when he saw the photos, the photos don't do it justice. They didn't quite capture what we saw.... the depth and colors.......... oh well. But you get the idea!

      Delete

Go ahead..you know ya wanna comment!