Making memories one day at a time.......and then I write about it.

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Their color is running.......

I love it when in the spring the daffodils and tulips come up. For several years we've had these bright pink tulips come up in our front flower beds. They are so bright after a dreary cold winter and as spring comes before the leaves and blossoms pop out on our trees these beautiful pink tulips greet us.



This year something strange happened. It has been a very wet and cold spring and it is as if the rain has washed away some of the pink leaving streaks of white.



Our tulips have never looked like this. They have always been a solid bright pink.



Look at the feathering. Nature has done an awesome paint job on these tulips!


Last year I asked Brian to plant me some fancy tulips that are more multi colored. I think my solid pink tulips heard and were hurt. Their tears washed away some of their pink rouge leaving this really cool feathery look. I have some dark purple tulips that I think I'll go and offend. I like what happens when my tulips feelings are hurt..........

WHAT? You'd do it too! Admit it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead..you know ya wanna comment!