Making memories one day at a time.......and then I write about it.

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Ready or not, here I come!

On your marks, get set, GO!

Bitterroot Tri-athalon here I come.....

Praying they have a backhoe at the finish line to scoop me up in because I'm bound and determined to make it to and across the finish line..... I just don't know what is going to happen after I cross.

In years past I've wanted to do this. I've wanted to do this tri and do it by myself. Proving what? I don't know.

I've not been able to.... by myself.... so this year, my team mate for life and eternity is going to help me.

The SM will be doing the swim and bike part for me, I'll do the run, and knowing The SM, he'll just keep on going and run next to me encouraging me as he does daily.

To all my family participating this weekend, GOOD LUCK!! It's not been easy for any of them. They all have stories of triumph getting to where they are in their training.

It's an all day thing. A day of calling out and encouraging each other on, and I'm so excited to be a part this year!!

12 comments:

  1. Good luck to you! I hope you have the strength you need to complete your goal.

    I wish I could be there to cheer ALL of you on! We decided that my sister with her four kids there, and me with my six would be too much for my mom...

    We did get to go to the wedding last weekend. Your dad was AMAZING!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! I'll be there in thought cheering you on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think your are out of your mind awesome. so i run with you. well. here anyway. i am not really a runner by the way. my body isn't anyway. not yet. i have never run a 5K so i will hold my own on saturday. i will even time myself. i have been running all month, but only about 2 miles. it is hot, so i will send you a picture of me after. there will be much redness. and some sweat. i was going to wear your team t-shirt but we will just have to imagine that. how far will you be running exactly rach? please say it isn't over a 5K....

    ReplyDelete
  4. GOOD LUCK TO YOU AND YOUR FAM!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck! Can't wait to hear how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You'll rock it, Rachel. Good Luck to you and the SM! I will be running that morning too sending the best running vibes your way!

    ReplyDelete
  7. FANTASTIC!! Well done to you all for giving it a go....Sounds like great fun! I hope they don't need the backhoe at the end :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. No death, dying, or dismemberment, okay?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh... how did it go? :D However it went, way to go lady just for doing it!!! :D

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead..you know ya wanna comment!