Making memories one day at a time.......and then I write about it.

Monday, February 23, 2009

I would like a different fortune cookie please. I seem to have opened someone elses.




I've never been one to believe in or even read for that matter things like horoscopes. I do love to open fortune cookies and after reading them add a few more words to them making them thus quite funny but even fortune cookies....I read them for fun and as for what ever is written on that piece of paper after chuckling for a minute I toss it and think no more of it as I consume the cookie.

A little over a week ago I received these in the mail. I found it quite puzzling. Why would the Similac and Enfamil companies be sending me coupons for baby formula? Odd......I thought it was funny and set them aside so I could show them to my Sexy Man and we could share a little laugh.





The next day in the mail I received these! Free formula! "Nourish the dream you have with a free sample of Enfamil LiPil" and "A gift of Inspiration for Strong Moms". What in tarnation kind of a message is that?? I'm not laughing anymore.....this isn't very fuuuunyyyyyy.





Boy was I ever glad when my sweet, darling, and isn't she disgustingly cute?????? niece who is delightfully preggo stopped by and I could bestow these "gifts" onto her.

I am curious though.....what these companies are trying to tell me. I'm not superstitious but just in case.......I'm going to go and knock on wood real quick and am I ever glad I got rid of the evidence......you know.........just in case........cuz I NEVER looked this cute preggo!

5 comments:

  1. I have been getting coupons for diapers and formula lately, too! Sounds like these companies are wasting a lot of money targeting the wrong market!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my GOSH. They BETTER not know something we don't know, or we'll have to buy you one of those sedan chairs and Misty and Michelle and Julie and Jeannie and Geneva and i will have to be carrying you around in it for the rest of our lives. Anybody else want to volunteer for the team?

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Hey look Tyler, we are having a black baby!" Guess the ultra sound was right.

    No comment on the picture....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, don't worry! I got some a few months ago and just handed them off to my neighbor with a baby too! Just what kind of marketing are they doing sending formula to mothers who had babies awhile ago, I don't know! Maybe it was a mailing list mishap....except it came to my new address...hmmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, well, I believe the credit goes to me since she's married to my son and he has such good taste which of course he had to have gotten from me... G-ma in waiting

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead..you know ya wanna comment!