Making memories one day at a time.......and then I write about it.

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The Piano Recital! A Tribute to Mike Carson.



Last night the natives had their yearly piano recital. (I have to do that apology thing.....bad lighting......point and shoot camera.......not the best photo's or video....okay, done apologizing.)

They did so well and we were so pleased. Pictured above with the natives is their piano teacher, Mike Carson and let me tell you what! He totally rocks as you'll see/hear when you listen to the performances. The progress these kids have made, how well they play, is all credited to this fine man and the talent we are blessed to partake of. Believe you me, not a day goes by as my kids are practicing that I do not realize and appreciate this blessing in our lives and I pray I never take it for granted.



I couldn't resist adding this photo with my baby girl's feet. She's kind of awkward....kind of like her mamma.





Also one of the many performing that night was my baby girl's best friend who lives across the street and, "we're twins mamma!"




Not first up in the program but first up in our family was my baby girl. I don't know how my kids do it. I'd be scared silly but if they are.......they sure do not show it!





If this were me........See that plant there in the back behind the piano? I'd be hiding behind it seeing if it needed to be watered.......





Next up was this native. He was actually excited to perform.........what is wrong with these children? Does stage fright ever enter their minds?




Hello? Shaky? Knees knocking? That plant still looks like it needs watering....




Well, if the plant needed watering this native was NOT the one that was going to do it.



Calm.......serene......relaxed........asleep? "How DOES he do it?"






By literally bringing the house down after this last number. The kid is a natural....and he nailed it. I think everyone in the audience was holding his/her breath through this entire song and when he nailed it....everyone let out a whoosh of air and a cheer and leaped in their seats...

and then we all remembered where we were and sat down quietly and smoothed our dresses and slacks and got ready for the next performer.




Which was this native on the left. The one who wouldn't let me take a picture until finally his younger brother grabbed him and we bribed him. Okay, we didn't actually bribe him but I was getting pretty darn close.







Sorry for the three video's........I had camera issues.......and I wasn't happy about it. But, once again.....another performer who amazes me.





And last of the performer's in our family but not least by any means............





Is this boy who is fast becoming a man but don't tell him I said that. He already thinks he's all that since he's passed both me (snort--not hard) and his daddy up in height. That's okay.....I've ways of keeping him humble. We'll talk more on that tomorrow.






Proud mamma I is/am/are/will continue to be as we see what this year brings in the natives continued progress with THEE most fabulous piano teacher. I realize I'm gushing here but he truly is amazing and I want the world to know how blessed we are to have him. Thanks Mike for another great year and for sharing your gift with our kids. You truly are amazing.

12 comments:

  1. well ill say they did awesome! But the teachers reaction after Collin performed was prizeless. He really did jump out of his seat. Your kids made that piano teacher proud to be a teacher...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, indeed! I was pleased as punch with their performances. All five really "have it"! Thanks, kids, for giving this old piano teacher a great thrill ride!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun it is to see the videos! Technology is the best! Your kids are grwoing up so fast. And your shirt is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! The practicing is definitely paying off. What great performances!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. As Mike says, there is definitely an "it" going on there. M always had talent, but no drive to make the music happen. That's part of "it." The rest has to do with physicality of skill, the willingness to breathe life and passion into the athletics - when the music speaks, you have art. And every one of those kids is knocking at that door. I was very, very impressed and pleased and sorry I couldn't go myself. Thank you, thank you for recording it all for us. I'd have been the poorer for not hearing it - both because my respect for the children would not have grown in proportion to what is deserved, and because I'd not have had the fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Wow, Wow!!!! I loved it, the kids loved it and all they could say was, "Wow, those kids are really good." Thanks for sharing . . . and hopefully putting a spark in my kids' pants.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holy Crap your kids can play! Give em all hugs for me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! What beautiful joy to fill your heart, home and soul. Can my kids come watch yours practice someday?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful....I can see why Mike is so proud. I'm sure it's students like this that just warm his heart. His efforts....as well as your children's efforts are certainly paying off. Thank you so much for sharing this! I enjoyed listening to ALL of it! GO Rubows!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gpa & I just got home from CA late afternoon and guess what one of the first things I did was? Yes! I listened again (listened in CA, too). WOW! And DOUBLE WOW!!
    You kids are awesome!!! Fun to hear the polished version after listening to the learning/practicing part. And, not the least, being impressed with Mike's teaching abilities. He's awesome,too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's great that they all take piano, what a great night, and I LOVE the photos, they all look so happy and proud themselves!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead..you know ya wanna comment!