Making memories one day at a time.......and then I write about it.

Friday, February 20, 2009

I've been playing "borred" games and losing miserably.




I've been dealing with the West Nile Virus now for 2 1/2 years. I was watching my baby play this game the other day and thought that who ever came up with this game years and years ago must have been recovering from some serious illness or how else would he know?





How else would someone know that the road to recovery looks like this? The road to any recovery for that matter.





So, I started here on square number one. I'm the red piece. Red is my favorite color although I really like the colors of this game. Yellow. So bright and happy.





I've certainly had my ups and downs along the way but have felt that I've been steadily climbing with little "chutes" along the way. At the end of January I thought I was at about number 79 ready to turn a corner in fact, I thought I had turned that corner and was going to climb that little ladder and





end up here! Finale. The GRAND Finale! The winner! The problem is......I've no control over where the arrow points when I spin the spinner and so instead of landing on number 80 I ended up on number 87.





The dreaded big chute that takes you all the way down.





And for the entire month of February I've been sliding down that chute and what a mess when I kerplunked onto number 24. It was a hard fall and I cried and threw a temper tantrum this past week which is why I had to go on a blogcation. It's pathetic enough watching a two year old throw a temper tantrum.......someone who is my age..... pathetic doesn't even describe.





So, I'm back to climbing again and who knows? Maybe I'll land on 28 and just keep on climbing back up to 84 and




end up here after all!

3 comments:

  1. Very creative. After all this is over, you can just put most of your blogs together for a best seller.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry that February has been a chute month instead of a ladder month! I hope that the ladder moments are far more numerous and longer than the chute moments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah. Candyland. Same dang thing. You think you've finally endured through the whole thing, and then you get the stinking hearts. How could they do that? How could they use cute little pink hearts to symbolize that kind of set-back?

    Well, here's the deal. The journey depends on who's playing the game with you. And you, my dear, are in good company. G sometimes says things like, "Yeah, we've got a flat tire and its raining and the dog threw up in the back seat, and we're gonna miss that show you wanted to see - but we're together, aren't we?"

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead..you know ya wanna comment!