Making memories one day at a time.......and then I write about it.

Friday, February 13, 2009

Waiting for the final bomb......




Two days ago war was declared. That was it! I was done changing my babies diapers.

My opponent carried on such a war cry as never I've heard or seen. For several hours the war cry sounded, sometimes reaching such decibels that I was afraid "neighboring" countries might come and after witnessing my opponent join his party!

As the day continued I tried all strategy but.......I'd underestimated enemy number 1. My opponent would fake me out making me think that a rain of fire was coming. I'd prepare and when I'd think it was over......that's when the floods came down all around me.

This went on all day until we declared a cease fire until the next day. We both needed our rest.

Yesterday went well. I could tell the opponent was getting tired. Enemy number 1 was being captured and flushed out every time except once. My opponent did get the better of me once.

Today, the battle has taken a new turn but I'm ready. I've done my ground work, I know there is more yet to come. I've seen evidence. Enemy number 2. My opponent has yet, to drop the bomb......butt I know it's coming......

7 comments:

  1. Man, our kids missed out. You have fancy toilets,games to play, and even cool decor. Who wouldn't want to sit and play for a while?

    I do think you missed an opportunity. I see rest and relaxation without having to worry about where your war generals are. Didn't you notice the sturdy handrails that could be turned into restraints if you applied the correct tethering? Just strap on a couple bungy cords and there you have it. He jumps down, they snap him back in place, and you take a nap!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Awesome comment Karsten. I'm cracking up imagining the image. Only you would think of that......that is funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL.....I am soooo with you! If only I could convince Xander it's "the THING to do!" But no....he has absolutely NO interest! Bother! We clap when Grandpa goes, we clap when Grandma goes, but Xander just say, No! Good luck with the war! Send any pointers my way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oy, it is enemy #2 that is the key! If you can beat him all will work out. Good luck with the war.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like he has everything he needs to hunker down and wait "for the bomb to drop" in comfort! How funny!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always hated stake dances for the same reason. All the girls prancing around and me too ugly to ask to dance.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead..you know ya wanna comment!