Making memories one day at a time.......and then I write about it.

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Wanna be my Valentine? Prove it!




Back in the day......I can remember having to decorate a shoe box with a little slit in the top for my classmates to put their Valentines to me in. Everyone would use red and pink construction paper and paper doilies. If you were really cool you'd have stickers or real lace and things on your box.

It would have never crossed my mind not to do the norm so when the natives told us last year that they needed to make and decorate Valentine boxes I started to think along the lines of red and pink construction paper.

This native would have none of it. Red and Pink mom? Are you kidding me? No, what he wanted and thought would be hysterical is if he made a shark and the slit in the box where you place the Valentine was in it's mouth. Who ever put a Valentine in his box had to put their hand in it's mouth!




You wanna be my Valentine? Prove it! By either putting your hand in this snapping turtles mouth.........




or this eel's mouth........

6 comments:

  1. those have to be the COOLEST valentines boxes I've ever seen. What cool dudes you have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What creative young men! I love those boxes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, awesome boxes. I love your budding artists.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How about the horse's mouth? Oh, wait - you'd have to have a gift horse for that. SUCH COOL BOXES.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know it's old news by now, but those are really pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead..you know ya wanna comment!