Making memories one day at a time.......and then I write about it.

Friday, January 18, 2008

I'm seeing SPOTS!

We awoke today to a huge mess. The ditch that runs next to our house over flowed and is now flowing down the street making rivers and lakes for neighbors to try and pull in and out of when they enter or exit their driveways. (Snigger, that is what they all get for LIVING IN THE CITY.) The city has been working real hard to try and fix the problem and believe me........they've been working real hard. I've watched no less than twenty guys standing around looking at the mess all day. I wish I had that kind of a committee when I do laundry.

Actually, what I'm hoping is that they don't realize that I have been throwing my laundry down the ditch instead of washing it. I heard a rumor that the pipes are frozen and we're crossing our fingers here that the city just keeps on believing that.

Since my yard is right next to the mayhem I've been able to keep a bird's eye view on the project as I look out my upstairs windows and that is when I saw SPOTS! Great big yellow ones and guess what? There were no animal tracks next to them except the big ugly human animal feet kind. PIGS! There were several spots. What were they doing? Having a peeing party in my yard? Oh I was ticked! Oh, I was no longer seeing yellow. I was seeing RED. I was on my way to grab the phone and call the city and get the President of the United States out here to see what kind of vermin he was employing to unclog my ditch full of dirty laundry.

I walked by another window and that is when I noticed..........more yellow spots.........I looked closer.............oh................. it is spray paint...............

I think I am still going to call the city and have them tell the President of the United States that when spray painting peoples' yards in the winter he might want to use another color..........not yellow.............

3 comments:

  1. well I'm glad it wasn't THAT kind of spots! Ewww!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No worries Rachel. Your kids know not to eat yellow snow. . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd have gotten the shovel out again. But chasing that class of man in high heels might not be advisable -

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead..you know ya wanna comment!