Making memories one day at a time.......and then I write about it.

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Matthew's Reflection's Essay

For Reflections (a competition the elementary school does here) Matthew decided to write an essay. The theme was: "I can make a difference by............" Matthew didn't win any award for his essay but he did in our house because what he wrote is true and from his own experience and I wished I could contact the judges to tell them that this little boy of (eight years old at the time) really did and does this.

Here it is:

I Can Make a Difference by Matthew Rubow

My mom has a lot of things to do. My brother Jadon is two years old. I get up and get Jadon out of his crib and he will want his blanket. I will get his blanket and give the blanket to him. I have one sister and five brothers. I can make a difference in my moms life. Jadon sleeps in my room. Every day I get Jadon out of his crib. If my mom and dad are asleep I get Jadon and bring him down the stairs. That makes my mom happy because she can sleep and rest and get to work because I got Jadon.


Matthew has done this since Jadon started sleeping in a crib in Matthew and Trevor's room. Jadon would wake up and Matthew would get him out of his crib and play with him until his soooo sleepy mom could pry her eyes open and get out of bed. Matthew has continued to have a special love for his baby brother and continues to play and care for him which has helped his mom A TON! What can I say? I have amazing kids. :o)

The first place winner goes to.............................MATTHEW RUBOW for making a difference in his mom's life and in his families lives.

2 comments:

  1. How wonderful, and how true! I'm sure he makes a huge difference. He made me smile, and I needed that today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are heroes! SO very proud of Matthew.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead..you know ya wanna comment!