Making memories one day at a time.......and then I write about it.

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Tea anyone?

Every once in awhile little kids do things that make you wonder how in the world you'll ever be able to see them the same, or how you'll ever be able to kiss them. You know what I'm talking about.....the times you walk in and they are happily "painting" their crib, wall, themselves, and anything within reach with a brown substance.

No matter how many times it happens......I'm never prepared....and no matter how many kids I've had.......I'm always disgusted when they pull stuff like this.

This morning I walked past the bathroom and heard a little clinking noise. I should have kept on going......oh Nelly should I have ever. I should have just walked right on by into my bedroom and told my husband to go check it out.

"Honey, get your keyster out of that bed. I think there is a RAT in the bathroom. Quick! And ummm, I'm just gonna go shower in MY bathroom and you let me know when you're done taking care of that big rat in the PUNKS bathroom cuz I can spend all day in here if I need to. You just go right on in there and puff out that big ol' hairy chest of yours and take care of it like a MAN!"

But, I didn't. I did an immediate 90 degree turn and pushed open the door and what did appear before my wondering eyes? Well two little feet all snuggled in zip up jammies dipping a plastic tea cup of his sister's in the toilet getting a drink!

Brings whole new meaning to tea"pot" doesn't it?

2 comments:

  1. EWWWWW. What is it with little kids and toilets? It's like a magnetic attraction or something. Drives me NUTS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reminds me of the time I found Shania and Andrew out playing in a "mud puddle" created by our overflowing septic tank with sponges they were squishing over their heads and yes, running in their mouths. I think the pharmacy ran out of vitamins and disinfectants that day.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead..you know ya wanna comment!