Making memories one day at a time.......and then I write about it.

Monday, November 2, 2009

As if having me for their mum isn't repulsive enough......

I had to go and make food inspired from "Great Expectations".



The older Natives being oh so mature and beyond the childish tradition of walking up to someones house and begging for candy decided they'd rather invite their friends over and spend the evening playing foosball and watching a history movie. "Monty Python and the Holy Grail".........



Earlier in the day as I was trying to get ready and doing a lousy job of frosting this rats tail and feet my neighbor Kathy VanWagoner stopped by and I shoved the spatula in her hand and told her to fix it for me. Me and frosting a cake go hand in hand about as well as a donkey trying to learn ballet. Too many feet....or thumbs.....it doesn't work.



The SM took over after the pink was done and created this masterpiece. Actually, he formed the rat for me too cuz..ya know......donkey/ballet.



He also frosted this mummy for me cuz....ya........



My favorite master piece was this lovely specimen and watching The Natives and their friends peel the meat off the skull to put on their sandwiches. VILE!

Oh, and by the way.......just so you know. If you make red jello brains like I did......wait until you serve it to add the gummy worms. Apparently, gummy worms dissolve into a rubbery non chewable mess on the bottom of your bowl if you don't....



While the older Natives were being "mature" The SM took the little Natives out Trick or Treating while I stayed and chaperoned being the by far more responsible and mature adult.

My baby girls friend went with. She is Ginny Weasley, my baby girl is a COMMANDER. I was told specifically she was not a tough fighting dude, she was a COMMANDER, Levi was Charmander (Poke'mon), and my baby was a dragon.



This Native took the absolute longest and time coming up with his costume and it had to be just so! He was a Jawa.

When The Natives came home with their loot, Mr. T (the second oldest) decided being mature and staying home isn't worth it and has declared next year that he will in the kindness and goodness of his heart take his younger siblings out Trick or Treating.......

18 comments:

  1. and where are the blood pictures of the inside of the rat?!?! And where are the adorable picture of your great nephew??

    ReplyDelete
  2. That food is sick. . . I need every recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, you win the "Cool Mom" award Rachel. Honestly, you put the rest of us to shame. What a fun thing to do with the teenagers. You should post the recipes so the rest of us can be as cool as you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alex, oh shoot! I forgot to take photos of the insides of the bloody rat cake! Dang!

    And the adorable GREAT nephew....yes well. I didn't have his mommies permission to post those photos and I have to ask her first. :)

    Sarah, it is vile isn't it? Recipes coming your way. Wish you were here. I miss the cousins Halloween parties.

    Jody, I prayed all week I'd be able to see this project through! I tried to take it easy all week so that I'd be well rested for Saturday night and guess what? A few hours before the party I even got in a horse ride!!

    Natalie, coming from a mom who is "cool" everyday of her life thank you! It was quite fun and I'll share recipes gladly. We need to do a big neighborhood bash is what we need to do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. it looked fabulous!
    If you do have a neighborhood bash, I declare that I be counted as part of the neighborhood south of the "center" divide.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, looks like I've been hanging out at all the wrong Halloween parties...

    BTW, the costumes were amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Mr. Z. As big of a pain as it is to make the home made costumes....we always end up liking them so much more than the store bought.

    You'd so be invited to our Halloween bash!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That party food looks so yummy (and gross). I'd love recipes too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Chastina, The grosser the better for Hallween and teenagers right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. awww..dang! send the pics my way for approval :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW! That food is awesome and amazing and totally repulsive. I am so impressed. Those are some lucky natives over there, that's all I can say!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Alex, tried sending them today TWICE and they came back. File is too big so need Brian to help me make it smaller.

    Gin, repulsive is right. The skull on the right cracks me up. It looks like it is looking at the meat skull with this worried look on its face.

    ReplyDelete
  13. did you have to send anyone home for being immodest or gory?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Marseille, LOL! No thankfully. Actually, the group of kids that came were really good kids. They impressed me several times through out the evening. I was tickled to death with them.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Now I understand why you apologized for not bringing the kids to my place. I am really, really disappointed that I didn't get to see these costumes up close. Did you do detail shots? Because I want to see them. And if you are not going to be responsible enough to remember to do them, call me next year and I'll make sure they get done right. The food - you just knock me out. You're the mom I want to be when I grow up. And I feel like I cheated my kids now. Horribly. Serious. I'm going to stop reading now, because I'm feeling discouraged, dang it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Kristen, of course I didn't get close up detailed shots. I have a camera yes.......but I am not a photographer! And I was very busy making repulsive food when the little ones headed out the door to go trick or treating so the photos I took were quick and then back into the kitchen I went....

    ReplyDelete
  17. Kristen, P.S. Me? Responsible? You should know better! You should have forseen my ineptness and came and took photos THIS year!

    You KNOW I'm irresponsible! :)

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead..you know ya wanna comment!