Making memories one day at a time.......and then I write about it.

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

I am thankful for.....




a lot of things but today I want to talk about The SM. He says he wishes I'd quit talking about him on my blog because it embarrasses him. Me? Embarrass someone? Naw!

Seventeen and a half years ago The SM was hit in the head really hard. The end result....he married me. I'd apologize but it was the only way I could get him to look in my direction! While he was still loopy and not seeing right I made him promise to marry me. True story!

Soon there after, the first Native was on the way and so was everything I tried to eat. On the way up. Seven Natives later and finally good health!

Well, things don't always turn out like we plan and once again, The SM has stepped up to the plate. The SM has never been one to come home, put up his feet while grabbing the remote, and ask what is for dinner. He walks in, grabs me for a kiss, rolls up his sleeves, and dives in helping where ever help is needed. Dinner, diaper changing, baby feedings, The Native's homework, etc.

Over the past year I have watched this man that I am so in love with it should be illegal take on not only the role of daddy but also mommy, breadwinner, and continue in his church callings. The load he carries on his big broad shoulders is immense and not once has he complained.

When he is weary at the end of the day many times he has carried me up to bed, tucking me in, and then rubs my feet with lotion. I love having my feet rubbed.......and then he goes to his computer and continues to put in hours and hours researching trying to find a cure for WNV.

Sigh.....what can I say? The man is sexy. Very very sexy and I love him and am thankful for him.

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving. Happy Thanksgiving to all! What are you thankful for?

7 comments:

  1. I think you have a great man there! I am so glad that he makes you so happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Denae, Thank you. I am grateful too!

    Jody, Yes, the best kind of love song and story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great tribute! You are definitely a very lucky lady.

    I agree with Jody, that is better than any love song.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How sweet. I loved reading that. Your man is definitely a catch and a wonderful one at that.

    I'm grateful for my little family today. Among many other things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely post...and he shouldn't be embarrassed, he should be grateful that you are so appreciative. Happy Thanksgiving Rachel!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I tried to tell him the other day that to me, he's like a fairy tale prince. But of course, he blew that off with some witty, self-deprecating SM type statement and laughed in my face. Dork. Prince Dork.

    I am most grateful for the people in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chastina, I am very lucky and I feel blessed each and everyday for The SM.

    Ginna, you have a sweet and adorable family. Your Frazz melts my heart and I love reading about all of his goings on.

    Natalie, Happy Thanksgiving to you as well.

    Kristen, and I am most grateful for people like you in my life and for Prince Dork.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead..you know ya wanna comment!