Making memories one day at a time.......and then I write about it.

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Crackpot Tuesdays


Photo by Taste of Home


Levi was supposed to pick the crackpot meal. I say supposed because it went something like this:

(The Mum places the cookbooks before Levi)

Mum: Levi what do you want for dinner?

(Levi starts flipping through the colored photos)

Levi: I want this one and this one and this one and this one and this one and this one and this one and this one and this one and this one and this one and this one....

Mum: Levi you have to pick just one!

Levi: And this one and this one and this one and this one and this one......

Mum: Levi, you like lasagna. How about this lasagna one?

Levi: I like lasagna and this one and this one and this one and this one and this one and this one.

Mum: Levi, how about this one with rice? You really like rice.

Levi: I like rice and this one and this one and this one....

What's a Mum to do? I chose for him. I found a recipe that I had all of the ingredients for and didn't have to haul my lazy bahootie off to the grocery store. I chose Chicken a La King. With Levi in mind of course.....because he likes rice and this one and this one and this one.......

Our verdict? I think I put too much Tabasco sauce in The Native's bottles when they were babies. We thought it was bland. Needs more spicing up so we gave it three stars. Easily could be four stars with more salt and cayenne pepper. Also, I would suggest putting the gr. peppers in with the frozen peas at the end unless you like slimy soggy peppers. If you do, then feel free to put them in in the beginning like the recipe says. It's your crackpot! Also, I didn't have just frozen peas. I had frozen peas and carrots which actually turned out nice since I didn't have any pimientos in my pantry.....who does? I didn't know that people actually bought and put those things in their food until about a year ago. I thought when green olives were born they had a red gizzard that when passed around at Thanksgiving were pulled out of the gr. olive and flicked at each other....

4 comments:

  1. I have the same problem as Levi. When I pull out the cookbook for inspiration I think "That one looks yummy, and that one, and that one...."

    That dish looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dish does look yummy, but so have all the others, so I understand Levi's dilema. Pimentos...they've always puzzled me too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chastina and Natalie, which is why when I go through the check out and snatch yet ANOTHER "Taste of Home" magazine Brian sighs and rolls his eyes. I wanna make everything in them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so levi isn't a picky eater? or does he decide it looked better in the picture than on his plate? Christopher wants plain rice, plain chicken, don't make me eat veggies.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead..you know ya wanna comment!