Making memories one day at a time.......and then I write about it.

Monday, November 23, 2009

He's eleven!!



This Native turned eleven last week! Being the totally cool rad parents that we are, we haven't celebrated yet BUT, Mr. M got a cool new uniform cuz he's hit A major milestone. He's no longer a cub. He has graduated from the blue uniform to the manly khaki.



Every totally cool scouter needs a Boy Scout baseball cap with LED lights!!




He is now a full fledged Boy Scout.....heaven help me.....



Mr. M received his Arrow of Light, walked across the bridge from Cubs into Scouts, and earned all TWENTY of his Webelos pins. Guess what? Wanna know what Webelos stands for? We Be Loyal Scouts. I've been in this program waaaay too long and have how many more to go?



So, we haven't actually gotten to the celebrating part yet...that happens later this week but we did ask Mr. M what he wanted for dinner and he said corn dogs. I am soooo surprised...... I'm way cool with that being the totally hipster mom that I am so I was ready to go out and buy a box of ridiculously healthy frozen corn dogs but noooooo! Not in this house!




The SM took the reigns and said if Mr. M wanted corn dogs we were going to do it Rubow style. Bigger, badder, better. It's a guy thing. Home made, deep fried, jumbo hot dogs in the center, corn dogs! As you can see, Mr. M was thrilled..

Oh and P.S. Mr. M? Your dad would like his sun glasses back.....

11 comments:

  1. WOW, can I come have corndogs at your house? They look delish!

    Happy Birthday Mr.M!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday!!! For crying out loud...you make everything homemade. I need to get it into my head that everything I get out of the freezer really can be made from scratch...somehow that just hasn't sunk in...

    ReplyDelete
  3. So THAT is where my sunglasses went. And I thought Rachel took them (again).

    If I can make lumpy, misshapen corn dogs, anyone can... The orcs (this is what the natives prefer to call themselves) thought that the homemade corn dogs were better tasting than the store bought ones. I like the fact that I know what kind of hot dog is on the inside, plus it costs a fraction of the store price. All hot dogs are not made equal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Denae, Come on over!! You are welcome anytime.

    Misty, Yes, everything can be made home made but is it always worth it....THAT my friend..is the question and why I tend to reach for the frozen. It's all about convenience.

    Jody, This was The SM's first time making them from scratch and they were quite yummy. He found the recipe on the internet.

    Brian, EXCUSE A ME? I thought the rule in marriage is what is yours is mine and what is mine is mine! I did NOT take your sunglasses. I took my turn.........

    As for the corndogs, they were lumpy but they were fabulous and now you've done something you may regret.....we aren't going to want to eat the frozen....you're going to get reeeeeally good at making jumbo corndogs me thinks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Misty - NOTICE THAT IT WAS THE SM making the from-scratch macho dogs. That would be like PAUL not only going into the kitchen, but coming up with the method and the ingredients and then actually putting them all together. Except it's NOT. I am thinking of, if I ever get rich, hiring this entire family to feed us in our dodderage. When I am eighty five, I want to be eating these corn dogs. Well, not these exact ones.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kristen, HEY! It COULDA been me!!! I'm just resting and saving my culinary skills up for latkes and donuts!!! Oh Hanukkah Oh Hanukkah! May we drown in deep fry oil........

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my GOODNESS! The males in my household would absolutely swoon over those corndogs. (assuming that swooning isn't too unmanly for them) they look so yummy! Perfect for a cute and adorable but oh so manly boy's 11th birthday! Happy b-day mr M!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ginna, maybe not swooning per say but oggling and drooling and groaning! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. ok, you know what? it helps. it does help. because paul would not, i repeat WOULD NOT do such a thing. he would get the frozen. he is also opposed to homemade brownies. he like the "box kind better". how bizarre is that???? those really do look good. really really good.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those corn dogs looks delicious. I'm not a fan of the frozen ones. Maybe I'll get ambitious and try them soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Misty, These taste way better than the frozen. Might be because we started out with better hot dogs...as for brownies.....I just want the batter...

    Chastina, Brian says they are really easy to make.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead..you know ya wanna comment!