Making memories one day at a time.......and then I write about it.

Friday, November 20, 2009

I wanna love song for me!

As I have stated before, when I am driving in the car with The Natives we like to crank the music and belt along. It isn't pretty but it is what we do. We love and sing all sorts of genres and it's great! That is.....until lately. I've been really getting bugged. I have noticed that every love song out follows the same theme.

Blue eyes.....blond or red hair. I've even heard songs about green eyes! Have you EVER heard a song about the color of cow pie eyes and stringy brown hair? Neither have I!

What pray tell, is wrong with eyes the color of cow patties and hair that has sticky syrup in it left over from the hug that was given by a little Native? HUH? And while I'm on this subject......how come no one ever writes songs about the way a mother moves after she's birthed a gazillion gremlins.....or the way her behind has epileptic fits as she walks down the street! Or a belly button that used to be an inny but is now a stretchy?

This is love baby AND IT'S SEXY! Sniff!

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go and put some heat on my neck because I took a walk this morning and the after shocks from my jiggling backside sent seismic activity up my back and dislocated my neck!

10 comments:

  1. Stretchy.... that had me laughing so hard I was almost in tears!

    You are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you catch a glimpse of me this morning? you don't need to lie my friend; your neck has whiplash from seeing me walking home from the school this morning with my own little epileptic activity going on. Only mine is in the front (and not the higher front- dang it!) from birthing 4 gremlins & one too many pieces of pie, doughnuts, ice cream etc...
    Lol. Rachel, thank you for the laugh; I think it cleared out a nostril.
    Cow pie- Wouldn't that make a lovely name for a paint color???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Denae, I'd laugh too if it weren't true!! Gosh thank goodness for clothes. They hide a multitude of sins.

    Natalie, back at ya. Your comment had me almost wetting myself. Sigh....what a pair we are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my gosh, give me a break! I think you're the cutest. And quite sexy. And isn't there a love song out there about brown eyes? Hold on, I'm googling it right now...
    HAH! How about brown eyed girl by Van Morrison? That's a classic, right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have you ever heard of the song "The Sweetest Thing" by U2? It talks about a brown eyed girl.

    Thank you (and Natalie too) for the laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't know about cow pies, but I am sensing more than a little bull here.

    Stringy hair. Uh-huh. I think I'll just go drown myself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ginna, a brown eyed song? You found one? Very cool for the brown eyed people but you see, mine are green AND brown which gives them the look of cow pies.

    Chastina, I seem to be listening to the wrong songs! You found another.

    Kristen, no bull! But a whole lotta :D

    Jody, LOL! "Hail damage and rear end alignment". Oh my gosh I am laughing. Goes along with my suspension system and shocks giving out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, you need to pull out the Eagles. I love their song, "I like the way your sparking earrings lay, against your skin so brown" I guess the second part, "I want to sleep with you in the desert tonight, with a billion stars all around" wouldn't be so great for your boys though, lol!

    I once told my sister their song, "Witchy Woman" reminded me of her, and she was offended. I said, not in a bad way, just the way they describe her, "Raven hair, ruby lips... "

    ReplyDelete
  9. My kids once asked me what happened to my stomach. Why is it all covered in lines? I was able to point out each line that belonged to each kid. AND DON'T FORGET IT!!!!

    Thanks for the laugh. It was fabulous. Although I have to say in your case whiplash was probably caused more by "tired" muscles rather than fat.

    I looked in the mirror the other day and swallowed and my kneck turned into a spider web. Guess I'm turning into a black widow after all.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Clarice, I like your choice of music. Yes, the Eagles and "Witchy Woman".......I'm all over that!

    Virginia, Your comment cracked me up. Next time, before you look in the mirror and swallow, wash it first. The mirror! You look so good! I'm so proud of you. You've worked hard.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead..you know ya wanna comment!