Making memories one day at a time.......and then I write about it.

Monday, November 9, 2009

If at first you don't succeed........throw up your hands and get help!



Remember this project?



It's a sweater remember? Ya well. I've been knitting along in quite a frenzy and would you believe? It is actually starting to look like a sweater!



Thanks to the help from the ladies at Heindselman's. They seriously have the patience of Job. They have to because they keep helping me on my projects! Like this sweater....

The other day I went into the shop. I'd gotten to the place where I was supposed to attach the sleeves to my sweater and I just knew I was going to make a huge mess of things so I got off my lazy bahootie and went and asked for help. I knew if I didn't...I wouldn't be able to put my sweater on because I'd have attached a sleeve to the neck and one to the bottom.....or there abouts.



Actually, I'm an expert knitter but I really don't like to brag and I feel real sorry for the ladies at Heindselman's so I go in every once in awhile and give them something to laugh at. I pretend to be inept.....ya. That's it. I pretend cuz I want them to feel good about what they do.......I'm nice that way. I figure I'll go in about twenty more times before I finish this sweater...just to be nice.

This blogger describes the experience well when you go to Heinselman's.

3 comments:

  1. Okay, first of all: when I got the email announcement of this entry, the title I saw was:

    "If at first you don't succeed . . . . throw up -"

    Which kind of skewed my expectation of the piece at bit. Apropos, considering you didn't show up at church yesterday, but not exactly an accurate teaser.

    And yes, Heidsleman's (sp - wait - that sounds Jewish. Could they have been Jewish back in the day? How cool is that?) has a business model I love: you see good quality, you know what you're doing, and your service is the BEST most personal support there can be. Okay - just flashed on this: what if they outsourced their service to India? "Haylo? Ma'am? I cannot envision that which you are doing that make the problem for you? Can you tell me once more what it is that your fingers cannot do?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristen, actually......throwing up works too!

    Heindslemen's DOES sound Jewish doesn't it? I should go there dressed in my coins and we can have a "Chagiga".

    LOL! I am laughing at your customer service call to India. Operator: "Excuse me? I hear coins. Why are you knitting with coins?" Me: "I'm not knitting coins! I'm wearing coins. I want to knit something to put under the coins!" Operator: "I can't hear what your knitting needles are doing with all of that racket from the coins"! Me: "Well of course NOT. You're all the way in India and YOU'RE WEARING COINS! Where do you think I got my coins from"? Operator: "What do coins have to do with knitting"? Me: "NOTHING! I'm trying to purl dang it but I'm casting off"! Operator: "Oh, okay. Goodbye". Me: "Nooooooo, CAST OFF! It is not a form of good bye!!!"..........silence......... beep beep beep..."I'm sorry, the number you have called has been disconnected...please hang up...and try the number again......."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun!! I've always loved Heidselman's. It's weird and dark and has a bunch of crazy stuff in it, but it was (and is) magical!
    My opinion on the name is that it sounds german--which doesn't mean it's not jewish, but I it makes me think of the alps.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead..you know ya wanna comment!