Thursday, October 28, 2010
(Scraping melted plastic off hearth)
This is a message from the local fire marshal for and in behalf of all citizens considering/wanting/having done/contemplating cleaning out ashes from a fire pit/wood stove/microwave/etc.
(Notice red embers in ash)
Common sense would tell you to check ashes to make sure they are not hot before placing them in a plastic bag. In a plastic garbage can.
If common sense is lacking for some reason, be it you had little to no sleep the night before, your panty hose are too tight thus restricting precious blood flow, you've been on a diet making it so the only thing you can think about is chocolate... getting your next piece of chocolate... when can you find/steal a piece of chocolate... if you eat chocolate you're going to have to wear control top panty hose.... you lose sleep over it.... What ever your reason!
I realize that the last fire that was burning in your "appliance" was an entire day ago! Reason should point towards nice cool ashes....... reason....... BETRAYS! Do NOT trust reason.
And if reason should prevail and you do happen to melt your trash can and ash then falls out of the melty hole onto your carpet and you grab your trash can running it outside as it blows smoke and ash in your face do me a favor eh?
(Notice smoke still coming out of melty hole)
Make sure when you throw it into ANOTHER plastic trash can (owned by the city) make sure it is pouring rain, or at least get a hose and douse your fire eh?
Cuz you may end up with this...... and the city and the local fire marshals. They just don't get a neighborhood weenie roast like they did in the good ol' days.....
Not that I would know. This is all hypothetical of course and just. A warning. I am after all..... The Scout Master's wife!