Making memories one day at a time.......and then I write about it.

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Look at my new tanning bed!



One of the things that helps with the pain that I get with West Nile is heat. In the winter I'd make the natives build me a fire and I'd sit with my back inches away toasting my back. There is nothing like the heat from a wood stove. It is quite loverly.

Every once in awhile I go to a tanning bed especially on the days when the pain is real feisty and I lay there in the heat letting it absorb into my body. The problem with that is I hate getting in the car and driving so far just to go and rest on a bunch of heated light bulbs for a few minutes only to get back in the car and come home. I realize I shouldn't complain. It isn't like when I was growing up and we'd have to drive almost two hours to the big "city". I'm minutes away but I'm all about convenience and I am growing up in the "I want it NOW" generation so I indulged myself and bought me my very own tanning bed.




Isn't it cute?



And look! It even has its very own thermometer installed so I know just exactly at what temperature I am baking myself.......I just LOVE modern conveniences.




I do have this one complaint. Look what it did to my thighs!



They melted. I was going to take back my tanning bed right then and there but I remembered something my sister had said once. She said if you put hemorrhoid cream under your eyes it takes those bags and firms em right up. An old beauty pageant trick or something so I figured if it works on the bags under my eyes then maybe just maybe if I slathered that cream all over my thighs they too might firm up.




It worked! My sister is a genius.




Not only did the pain go away but my thighs firmed right up. Next time I'm going to slather my entire body in that cream. I wonder if there is some way to smear it on my brain....my brain could use some firming up these days........

11 comments:

  1. those thighs look mighty delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummm! I think I need one of these tanning beds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you tried one of those vibrating heating pad things from Homedics? They really are kind of nice. Easier to lie on one of those than to curl up in that flashy little box of yours.

    So it worked? Because that last bread looks mighty good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not only did it work, it worked too dang well cuz I forgot about the bread for THREE HOURS! It doesn't burn your food. Just keeps it nice and warm for you.

    The first batch I tried a new recipe.........wasn't a very good one was it. :D The second one is my old tried and true recipe. Turned out much better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will vouch for how good the bread is. I'm having a delicious turkey sandwich right now. I was going say that I'm getting crumbs all over my keyboard, but I'm not. Even though it is a wheat bread, it is a bread that is moist and is holding itself together rather well. It's not like the wheat bread I make which leaves a crumby mess on my desk. Isn't Rachel amazing?!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Actually Brian, I think your bread is amazing too because it means I don't have to make bread that day. :D I love you!!!!! You made my day with your comment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It really is hard to make bread at home and NOT have it fall apart the next day. I now know two people who can pull that off. Rachel and Guy. I think we need to have a dang bread party....Rachel and Guy bake it, Brian and I will eat it. All.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lol! Misty you're on! You got it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. those first two little loaves looks so sad! How did ya fix the next ones?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sarah, different recipe. The first one I experimented with different ingredients.....the final results of my experiment.....it didn't work. :D

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead..you know ya wanna comment!