Making memories one day at a time.......and then I write about it.

Friday, June 26, 2009

The Wall



Let's give this wall a name. I like naming things except my children. Oh it was fun at first but then it became harder and harder to find names for all of the natives that they wouldn't later grow up and hate me for. They've other things they'll need therapy for in their later years after being raised by me. I didn't need to add their names to it.

Anyway, back to the wall. We're going to call it West Nile Virus okay? Thank you for indulging me yet another story. You will indulge me won't you?

There once was pretty young maiden (stop interrupting me, I said this was a story. I can call her what ever I want!!!) who was stricken with a disease called WNV. One day she took a look at the disease and was tired of it kicking her trash. She looked closely at it, analized it, and was bound and determined to kick IT'S trash.




She slowly approached the WNV and took hold of it making sure that her grip was firm and her feet placed securely. Then, she started to climb.



Slowly ever so slowly she made her way up the wall determined to make it to the top.



Not even her glass slippers would stop her which she eventually kicked off as they made her feet very sweaty. (And everyone thinks that Cinderella "lost" her glass slipper. Do you know how sweaty your feet get after a night of dancing? They don't talk about sweat in fairy tales but I can assure you. Cinderella was one sweaty chick with all that work and dancing she did! I know cuz Cinderella and I have a lot in common.....scrubbin' morning' noon and night.....lookin' after scads of mice....natives....... We both married a handsome prince and lived happily ever after!)

Sorry.....I digress.



On and on the pretty young maiden climbed sometimes feeling she barely had a toe hold stopping and resting when ever she could along the way. (I'm sure there is a lesson here but I think we'll skip this one as denial is something I'm not ready to part with......not that this story is about me mind you.....snort......pretty young maiden indeed.)

Feeling completely exhausted and like she couldn't go on any further the pretty young maiden looked up and saw that just a bit further was her goal. She knew she couldn't give up now and yet, she was so tired and didn't know how she could go on. Only her fear of heights and falling kept her plastered to the wall and gave her the last needed push she needed......



to climb a little higher and knock that bell off it's ringer!

I'd like to dedicate this story to all those who are battling WNV. Someday, we will make it to the top and boy howdy will the bells ring then with all of us ringing them and no longer will it be a fairy tale, in the meantime, may we all live "happily ever after"! The End

4 comments:

  1. It works for so many things. That climbing look on your face? I've seen it a lot. I hope mine looks just like it.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead..you know ya wanna comment!