Making memories one day at a time.......and then I write about it.

Saturday, June 13, 2009

There is always a silver lining.......it could always be worse....

Last night Brian and I went to the temple. For those who are not members of this church, the temple is the house of the Lord where we go to serve others who have gone from this life.

When we got there we parked in the furthest parking lot there is. The place was full. As we hiked up the hill and came panting into the temple the gentleman at the counter who takes your recommend and checks to see if it is current asked where we'd parked. We told him and then I told him, "at least it wasn't clear down at the Macey's grocery store parking lot, it could always be worse"!

We had a great session and as we were finishing and going to the dressing rooms "that feeling" came over me and I thought......OH NO! Not here! Bad things aren't supposed to happen at the temple right? You're not supposed to get a bloody nose....or have gas.......or drop your locker keys in the toilet (which I've done.......)......we're in the house of the Lord!

Thankfully, Brian was still with me so we ducked into a classroom where I shaked, rattled, and rolled for a bit. When the seizure was over as I was laying on the floor I had to laugh to myself. I've "dozed" during a session before (don't tell anyone) but I've never actually stretched out and taken a nap in the temple before.

We always joke about all the little old ladies who are so helpful in the temple. Oh boy are they ever. I couldn't be left alone so I had an entire entourage helping me in the locker room, a wheel chair (chariot) was fetched, and as I was waiting for Brian to go clear down to the bottom parking lot to get our car every old person in the temple offered their assistance and desire to wheel me out of there.

I had to laugh....yup, it could always be worse. The sister who I was going through the temple for got her work completed and I got a nice nap after in the process. I would have to say the evening was quite the success!

12 comments:

  1. I knoooow! Bad form isn't it Emma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a little floater, baby. Yes. Silver linings. But I am seeing silver. You really, really need to rest. I think your laughter is what's saved your life all this time -

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristen, it's a proven fact that those who laugh at life live longer healthier lives. I'm gonna be around for a looooong time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness Rachel, you are so amazing to me, how you just persevere through all the trials that are thrown your direction! You are a strong woman!

    ReplyDelete
  5. :) Naw, very much the same as you Miss Meyer. Taking one day at a time...

    ReplyDelete
  6. you are such a sweetie. I'm so sorry that happened.
    Do you know the story that I had to step out of the sealing room, right after our marriage and throw up? Boy the little old ladies were ready for me then. I didn't know they all walked around carrying little plastic puke bags in their pockets. I love those little old ladies. And I love you! Your attitude is perfect and I'm so amazed by you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree! You are teaching people Rachel...more than any of us can even know....I read this and thought...THIS IS HOW I WANT TO BE WHEN I GROW UP!!! Just like Rachel. Grace...that is what it is. You, in all of your cute crazy wildness, possess an incredible amount of grace. And I LOVE YOU for it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, it could. You could be teaching gospel doctrine and have a member of the stake presidency in there, raise his hand, and correct you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Arrrrgh! Virginia! I'm so sorry. I'm laughing, but I'm sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  10. There is no place I would rather take a nap!

    But really, I am so sorry that you are still going through these episodes. You are such an example to me of one who can be so upbeat an happy and positive -- despite what you are going through. Thank you! (but I still wish you didn't have to go through it...)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That reminds me of the time a bishopric counselor in my BYU Freshman ward had a seizure. It was during the middle of Sacrament meeting and 200 inexperienced freshmen sat helplessly watching. We all had a great view as we were seated in a theater in the Harris Fine Arts Center. We didn't know he was prone to having seizures and at first I thought he was trying to be funny (at a most inappropriate time) and then I thought he was having a heart attack. It was frightening, but the bishop handled it well. Looking back at it now, the situation would have been quite different if when he came to he stood up and said, "Ta Da!"

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead..you know ya wanna comment!