Making memories one day at a time.......and then I write about it.

Monday, June 22, 2009

Ring dem bells!

You are so not gonna believe what I just did. I reached the top and rang the bell. Honest! I promise! I did! And I have photos to prove it.......excepting my SM has my camera........and I'm supposed to be taking a nap........so if I got the camera from him to down load the photos........he'd know I wasn't taking a nap.....and spank my bottom........

You're just gonna have to trust me and when I'm allowed to get up from my nap maybe I can snatch the camera from my SM to prove that for the first time in my life I climbed a rock wall and I made it to the very top!

Yes, you heard right folks. Me, scared of heights made it to the top of a wall that was like 500 feet tall. Okay, not quite that tall but when you are way up there it mine as well be and when you look down and are told to "let go" and "fall"........your body starts to shake unnaturally and you can't let go and so you cling to the wall until the shaking over powers you and you have to let go and then you FALL.......only it isn't so bad cuz you're hooked to this really cool rope thingy that helps you to fall gently ever so slowly down. It's called repelling only I didn't do it so gracefully and when I landed on my bottom on the ground my hands were shaking so bad and my forearms were BURNING! Yes, I tell you BURNING. But I rang the bell!!!

Now hush cuz I'm napping.........do I get a prize for ringing the bell?

2 comments:

  1. I told Julie, and she says she'll give you a great big prize next wee. Something warm and sloppy. She's saving it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cool! I didn't even know there was a bell....how sad for me...

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead..you know ya wanna comment!