Making memories one day at a time.......and then I write about it.

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

A royal story.

Oh! I'm sorry. Did I like, forget to say what it was that I actually got for my birthday? How silly of me. I'm sure I didn't do that on purpose........Are you sure I didn't mention it in my last post?

Are you really that curious? How bout I give you a hint......won't that be fun? No?

Okay, I'll tell you but first I have to tell you a funny story and if there is time after.......THEN I'll tell you what I got.

First, my story:



There once was a handsome king who took his royal family on a fishing expedition out in the middle of a field full of cows where there was a pond. His royal family thought this would be such a fun adventure and with fishing poles in hand took off running towards the pond. The handsome king did not have a chance to warn his royal children that the pond was enchanted and that they needed to be careful. Out of all the fish the children could catch, one was not to be caught or destruction, devastation would ensue.

The children took writhing wiggly worms and stuck them on their hooks and threw them into the pond and waited with anticipation as the royal handsome king tried to catch up to his children to warn them about the fish that must not be caught!

Too late, the youngest of the royal children hooked the dreaded fish and jumping up and down with excitement he pulled the fish onto land. His royal handsome father yelled, "nooooooo" but it was too late. His young son had been turned into.......



A beautiful blue dragonfly.



The royal family was very distraught and sad and begged the fish that they would do anything if it would forgive them and turn their little brother back. Alas, it was not meant to be until the fish saw this royal beauty.




The fish and the royal family cut a deal, the fish spit on its fins and the royal family spit into their royal palms and they shook on it. The beautiful princess would have to come and marry the fish when she became of age which the royal handsome king was more than happy to shake on because then he wouldn't have to worry about his beautiful princess when she hit the dating years and they all lived happily ever after!

The End!

Oh, and by the way. The photos taken on this post were taken SOC (straight out of camera) with my new camera I got for my birthday!

Now, there was something I was going to tell you after my story.......What in the world was it? I tell ya, this West Nile is kickin' my trash. I can't remember a dang thing!

7 comments:

  1. A camera!! That is so cool! LUVED your story by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pics. Cute story. Love, M.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's what I THOUGHT it might be. Congrats! I'm sure you will enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. By the way, the story was very well written, very charming. And the shots - uh-huh, uh-huh, uh-huh. Am I right when I'm right? Are you happy when I'm right? WOO-HOO!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wrote a delightfully charming story??? I never cease to amaze myself...... :D

    Yes, you were right and I'm glad you were right Kristen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great story and fantastic pics!

    ReplyDelete
  7. yay! I'm so excited for you. The pictures are beautiful--your family is so adorable I'm excited to get to see them better!!!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead..you know ya wanna comment!