Making memories one day at a time.......and then I write about it.

Monday, June 29, 2009

Makin' Butter

Last week we were gone to Altamont, UT for a family reunion. My SM's side of the family. I'll post more on that later because we're quite busy and I have to keep this short. It is cherry pickin' time and the natives are out in the trees hanging and yodeling and I'm trying to keep up. Cherries are coming in the house fast and I keep trying to duck and run but they won't let me. They are strict task masters the natives.

For breakfast I made eggs and toast and had a brilliant idea. I had some heavy cream in my fridge that needed using and I remembered something my mother used to do. My mother is brilliant by the way. Living way out in the boondocks with all of us knee biters running around she had to be quick on her toes and if there was a quicker more efficient way to do something she figured it out. Mom would take the cream from the cows milk and make butter. You make butter in a churn. Did you know that? At least women used to. Not my mother. She took one look at that and thought, "I don't have time to sit and churn butter"! So, she threw it in the blender and in no time she had her cream whipped into butter. I remember that butter. Rich milky butter. Mmmm.......so this morning I did what my mamma taught me. I threw the cream into the blender and whipped me up some butter and buttered the natives toast with it!

Now they are back out in the cherry trees licking their paws and rubbing their content bellies.

I love my brilliant mamma.........and the word brilliant....it's a brilliant word don'cha think?

2 comments:

  1. BRILLIANT!! I want some. So many things I want some of. Homemade bread - hot - with buttery butter and some fresh made jam -

    I wonder if they will serve that for breakfast your first morning in Heaven - or would it be biscuits and gravy, you think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both! Having both would be brilliant Kristen. :D

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead..you know ya wanna comment!