Making memories one day at a time.......and then I write about it.

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

My amazing birthday gift!

Yesterday was my birthday. I am definitely feeling one year older......or two....or three.....but am wondering when the wiser part kicks in.

Still no photos posted and for good reason. It has nothing to do with the fact that it is 12:30 in the morning and I'm supposed to be in bed yet again and will get a big spankin' on my bottom for staying up so late. I have my reasons for that too but more on that another day.

No, the reason I've no pictures posted goes very much hand in hand with my birthday! You see, if you haven't figured it out yet reading my blog, let me inform you that I am married to thee most amazing man on the planet. In our galaxy, in all the galaxies in the entire universe and beyond!

Here's the deal. I can't keep a secret to save my life. Well, important ones I can but the kind where I secretly get my SM a gift and then I'm supposed to keep it a secret until his birthday....or Christmas......etc. I can't do it. I beg him to ask me to give him a clue. He doesn't even ask me to drop hints along the way. "I got ya a gift........it's really awesome.......aren't ya gonna ask what it is.......aren't ya gonna ask me to give you a hint......." He doesn't bite and it really irritates me because I'm just dying to tell him!

So, my birthday came and my SM hands me a big heavy box and when I unwrapped it I just sat there staring and then I asked him if he was joking! Was this really what I thought it was. And then I wanted to cry cuz it is something I've wanted for a really long time but you know me, my hints have been super subtle so how in the world did he guess?? Snort.....I can be subtle!!

How in the world was this possible cuz it is really expensive and then I half heartedly (with fingers crossed behind my back) did the noble thing and told my SM to take it back cuz, "DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH FOOD STORAGE WE COULD BUY WITH THIS THING".......and then I had to repent and say sorry cuz my SM told me he'd bought this gift quite some time ago before our penny pinching days (dumb economy) and to my relief, too much time had passed. They won't take it back. Darn........

How does he do it? How does a person get another person a gift with such magnitude and keep it a secret for so long? I think there is something seriously wrong with my SM. I sure do love him though despite this flaw.

10 comments:

  1. Yep, a definate keeper! But you never said for sure what the gift was! I have my guesses, but yeah...WHAT IS IT???

    ReplyDelete
  2. A camera? Not a horse- they don't do well in boxes. And why did I forget, in all of this mess, to wish you great happiness on your very own day (especially when you are not in your very own territory)? I'm an idiot. Okay. Now you've got us guessing -

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw man, I ALWAYS think yours is after mine, not before. Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know it was your BIRTHDAY!! Happy Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Lady! It sounds like it was amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday! Now tell us what it is already...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday sweet Rachel!
    Now we're all dying of curiosity....what the heck is that present?!??!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  8. HAppy birthday, blogger friend!! Sounds like it was a good one... Can't wait until your reveal!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead..you know ya wanna comment!