Making memories one day at a time.......and then I write about it.

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Fruit Flake



One of the things The Natives love about grocery shopping is when we are walking by the fresh produce and you hear the sound of thunder. Because after the sound of thunder comes..........the rain.

I'm a mother of toddlers. I know what you were thinking. You think I haven't watched the movie, "Cars" a million times? You thought I was going to say lightning!

Today I gained a new appreciation for the timed rain showers the fresh produce receives as it sits on the shelf waiting for someone like me to come along plucking it off the shelf to bring home.

I used to think those little rain showers was probably close to good enough and would give my produce a quick rinse.....until......today.

I was in the produce department of the grocery store when a young man caught my attention. He was leaning over the produce bent over looking at himself in the mirror behind the produce busily doing his hair. With his fingers he was taking his hair and pushing it this way and that and all I could think of was, "I was interested in the produce you are leaning over but after the snow showers I'm sure you are giving it......I am no longer interested". The young man after much tweaking of his hair stood up and walked away.....his hair looking no different then when he started and me left looking at that produce with an over ripe feeling in my gut and a strong desire to get me a years supply of veggie/fruit wash.

10 comments:

  1. Could be worse!!! I've seen unmetionables fly out of mouths when a sneeze escaped. I have actually decided that fruit with pesticide can't be half as bad as what jumps off bodies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gross! Now I will have to make sure I wash the produce more carefully.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh Virginia that is disgusting. Everytime I take food from places like a salad bar I cringe just thinking........

    Chastina, Yeah. Pretty gross!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think i need to go lie down...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Natalie, Major YUCK!

    Jody, I know! I sat there watching that kid thinking there is no way in heck I was going to buy a veggie EVER again from the grocery store.

    Kristen, Tripe ewwwww.

    Ginna, Barf!

    Misty, And breathe deeply. Very deeply.

    ReplyDelete
  6. um........ i have nothing to say.
    except for NASTINESS!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hanna, Umm...big oober goober NASTINESS!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead..you know ya wanna comment!