Making memories one day at a time.......and then I write about it.

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Thanksgiving break Part Two.



Sorry. I am having to do part two in two parts so when you're finished with this post you'll have to go onto the next post to get the full story. I'm sure it is Blogger and not my ineptness. I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact that I've been trying to download a slew of photos instead of keeping it simple.

I want you to get the full experience. I don't want you to feel jipped in anyway. This has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that I've always been a pack rat and forever will always be a pack rat not being able to throw anything of mine away.......The SM and The Natives......no problem! Their stuff is junk!

Behind Brigham Young University there is a large mountain and on that mountain is painted a large letter "Y". There is a lovely trail that you can hike to get to the letter "Y" and one of The Natives decided he wanted our family to hike the "Y" so we did and I took pictures of it all so you'd feel like you went on the hike with us and at the end your thighs and lungs would be burning and you'd feel the exhilaration of having made it to the top with us!



We grabbed our water packs and walking sticks and we headed out and up.



Some of us had walking trees....



I chose to bring up the rear. I found the view to be breath taking....sorry..



There is a rule that no matter when or where you are, not five minutes into your journey/hike one of The Natives will have to go and use the facilities.



Along the trail at each switch back there are signs that tell you how far you've gone and how much further you need to go. On the signs is a letter "Y". The first post we came to The Natives touched it and said, "We touched the 'Y'. We can go home now"!



One of the many times this one plunked himself down in the dirt and said he was too tired...only to jump up a moment later trotting up the trail after a cool rock, stick, bug....



How is it that the young get to rest at all of the switch back markers waiting for the rest of us (ahem.....me) to catch up and then off they trot off again as I continue to climb. Where's my rest? Ungrateful punks!



Apple. Check. Walking stick. Check. Hoodie. Check. Sunglasses...sorry SHADES. Check. Dimples. Check. Adorable. Check.

And now.....onto part two of two......please turn the page after you hear the little chime we aint half way up the mountain yet!

4 comments:

  1. I felt bad that no one commented on this part. So I'm commenting.

    There's that cool hat, again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy, You're awesome! :D You know.......you should ask that lady that made that hat...I bet she'd make you one.....eventually. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. That's a lot more civilized looking than the trail was back when I did it. I chose to go straight up the mountain myself, right after breakfast at Cannon Center. And started feeling worse than sloshy in the stomach about half way up. So I came back down, and thus, missed the experience of white washing the Y, which they used to do with lye paint, which, as it turns out, burns clothes and skin - so while my dorm buddies were trying to heal, I was thinking maybe the view wasn't that big a deal . . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristen, Straight up huh? No deer trails to follow?

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead..you know ya wanna comment!