Making memories one day at a time.......and then I write about it.

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Thanksgiving break Part Two and 3/4's.



Trying not to have a heart attack.....We don't need a hospital visit assuming you survive if you fall over Thanksgiving break.



Men. When did those two younger ones start to become men....sigh......



And this one right on their heels......and Son of Helaman.



Oh hey look! You can see Clifford! Tiny red dot of a thing way down there.



Success! We made it. Out of breath yet?



She isn't.



And neither is he.



Awwwww, to be young again.



And not growing up so fast...



And soon in a couple of days turning sixteen.



Yay! We reached the top and I didn't have a coronary in the process. We talked, we laughed, we made faces...



We picked our noses...





We made memories...



We looked down upon the city......



We found our house. See it?



The dogs wished we'd stay and rest longer but....



There were fish to be fed at Cabella's and we needed to get going. The SM put the baby upon his broad shoulders and off we followed.....I was kinda hoping there was room up there for me too but with people looking on, it wouldn't look good to see a mom making her tired baby walk while she was being carried. Had we'd been alone.....

16 comments:

  1. It looks like a fabulous time & what great pics! I felt like I was there. Which I want to be... This spring whether the kids or my hubby's ankle likes it or not, we are doing it. You hear me! WE ARE DOING IT! By decree of MOM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let us know when and we'll go with Natalie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! I've hiked the Y once and I'm not sure if I'd do it with my kids. I should, they are tougher than I give them credit for.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chastina, if I can do it anyone can. Especially these days. Our two youngest hiked it. The baby wanted to be carried and cuz he's the baby......(cough) Brian carried him down. Besides, taking your kids is a good excuse to go slow. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. i really love the pictures of you and br-. seriously..those are so moving. good for you! keep climbing girl! the rubow's are a beeeeeute-i-ful family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jody, it was an exciting day. I was thrilled that I was able to go and not only go but make it all the way to the top and not end up in bed for a month because of it.

    Misty, I love that set of photos too. He's such a handsome boy in so many ways. I just wish they didn't grow up so darn fast ya know?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what a bunch of gorgeous photos. I loved this whole trip, thanks for taking me with you. I remember making that hike many times and wondering if I was every going to make it.
    I want to go do it now! I'm homesick!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ginna, well what are ya waiting for? Come home and we'll hike the "Y". Frazz can walk with L and J. Gives us a good excuse to go slow.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hiked the Y this summer and almost died.

    Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Denae, I'm glad you didn't die! The world would be a sadder place without cha!

    ReplyDelete
  11. All that talk about burning thighs has convinced me I need to do this. I don't have powertone classes for a month and need to get some workouts in. If I do it in the name of exercise, I will be okay. If I call it fun, I'll hate it. Anyone want to hike the Y in the snow? I've never done it.

    Great pictures. Loved the shot from the top of the Y to the fam sitting across the bottom.

    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kathy, funny you should mention hiking the "Y" in the snow. I was thinking about that this morning as I watched it snow.

    ReplyDelete
  13. he could use that pic as his senior picture...when he's a senior...i'm sure he has a million girls after him.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Marseille, Being shy has its perks. Crossing fingers he continues to be shy until after his mission.

    ReplyDelete
  15. All of these parts - Rachel, you got some absolutely wonderful shots. The one of you looking at B. And the three up on the rock. And the warrior ones. I can't begin to count. Good exposures - but beautiful eye. Doesn't hurt that the subjects are already beautiful, or that the view is staggering.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Kristen, Thank you! I do NOT consider myself a photographer at all but I do enjoy looking at things through my camera and yes, having such beautiful subjects helps...... a lot!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead..you know ya wanna comment!