Making memories one day at a time.......and then I write about it.

Friday, August 22, 2008

And they're off!



This weekend is the Bitterroot MT. triathlon that I told you about awhile ago. If you don't remember, you can read about it here.



My siblings from Utah are on their way up to MT. today to join my parents and other siblings who will be participating in this race.



Can I tell you it is killing me not to be going up there???



My daughter's 8th birthday is this weekend....kind of an important one.....so even the option of going up just to cheer my dad and siblings on isn't an option.



Turns out others think this is a big deal too. The Ravalli Republic (local newspaper) wrote up an article on my family and the event. You can read it here.



I love how in this article my dad and oldest sister's sense of humor comes out.



I am soooo stinkin' proud of my family and for how hard they have worked and trained for this thing. One of my sister's knew she wouldn't be able to make it to the MT one so she trained and entered the local one in CA. You can read about her experience here.



I've listened to my siblings and dad all summer joking and laughing with each other about how they hope to be able to just make it across the finish line without the help of a stretcher.



I know my family. We're perfectionists. We are high achievers. My dad and siblings will make it across the finish line in stellar fashion and they will have a blast doing it.




You can bet there will be a lot of laughing and joking along the way.......



cuz that is what my family is all about....having a good time together....



When times are tough....we've got each other's backs.....




The brother in laws call us girls the cackle club when we get together.



Ummmmmm, hello?



HELLO???



Come baaaaaack! You forgot meeee!

2 comments:

  1. your family sounds like a lot of fun. No wonder you turned out like you did!

    I love those photos with the mountains in the background. I miss those things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVED the image sequence with the copy underneath. I didn't understand it till I came to the end and then it was PERFECT!!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead..you know ya wanna comment!