Making memories one day at a time.......and then I write about it.

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Fingernails

There are many positive things that have come out of this whole WN experience, one of which is fingernails.

Ever since I was a little girl I'd look at ladies hands and admire their nails. I wanted beautiful nails just like them. I was a pretty rambunctious kid so finger nails and I didn't coexist. When I hit Jr. High and High School I'd look around at all of the city girls' nails and jealousy reared its ugly head.

I'd try to grow them out but life on the farm.....they were always breaking.

As a mother I now sit and look at ladies hands and nails and that old jealousy is still rearing its ugly head. So many ladies out there with nice hands and manicured nails with pretty polish. I try....but within a day the polish is all chipped and the nails broken. I've tried the fakey things but my hands are in water too much or dirt or well.......I have children and animals....my hands have to take care of some dirty things........

Try as I might. I can not grow out my nails until........I get sick. This summer I had great nails. Nice and long and again this past month I have had gorgeous nails. I even painted them recently and not one chip or broken nail.

Today Brian went back to work. I am back in the driver's seat here on the home front. Been at it for about 3 and a half hours now and....the polish on my nails is all chipped and nails are starting to break left and right.

Sigh.......they were nice while they lasted.......I'll take being active and vertical any day over nice nails though......I've decided.......that is........until I go out and about and see all of those beautiful hands and nails and then I know ol' jealousy won't quiet her ugly head. Anybody got a sock I can shove in her face?

2 comments:

  1. I hear you about the nails, my nails break so easy, if they get past the top of my finger then they start breaking and tearing! I used to bite them when I was young. My Mom and sisters and my daughters have and had beautiful nails, it's not fair, but Rachel you have gorgeous hair and that's what my sister always told me, that I got the hair and she got the nails. Haha. I've tried artificial too and I just can't keep up with them, I'm too rough! This probably doesn't make you feel any better but I've said my piece LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah....just take a look at mine and you will know you are NOT alone! I've never had beautiful nails either...AND I don't have the hair! Sheesh...but that's what life dishes out. You know the old saying...when life gives you lemons, make lemonade. I'm not sure how that relates to nails....but yeah.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead..you know ya wanna comment!