Making memories one day at a time.......and then I write about it.

Saturday, November 29, 2008

How to properly wear a scarf

This past summer my close friend Kristen bought me a scarf at the local farmer's market. There was a booth that was full of colorful tie dyed clothing. Shirts, wraps, and these beautiful hand dyed scarves. I fell in love with a flame red, orange, yellow number and secretly behind my back Kristen bought it for me. I have been waiting for the perfect time ever since to wear it. I thought Fall would be the perfect time to be wrapped up in it's colorful splendor.

Last Sunday I was feeling well enough to go to part of church and thought, "today is the day, I want to wear my scarf." I sat in front of the mirror trying it all sorts of different ways but which way? How do you wear a scarf?

A-HA! How did people ever survive without the internet I wonder........I googled, "how to properly wear a scarf" and came up with all sorts of scarf wearing advice. It would seem that I am not the only one who was wondering how to wear the dang things! Aaah, I'm not the only ignorant scarf wanna be wearer out there!

One of the sites I came across was this one. Isn't it just dandy helpful?






And after all of that advice......I still chose to wear it wrong. I wore it "Summer fashion" instead of Fall......I've always been a little rebellious. Shhh, don't tell anyone.

5 comments:

  1. It looks great! Cute scarf...good friends are great arent they!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baby, it's a great scarf, but it's the girl who's wearing it that makes it shine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that's a seriously gorgeous scarf, and you look great in it. I wouldn't know how to wear a scarf either!
    Thank goodness for the internet, it teaches me all sorts of stuff all the time, I love it.

    I'm going to get back to you on your email later tonight. Tutorial time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for finding me that information! I never knew there was a proper way to wear a scarf.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead..you know ya wanna comment!