Making memories one day at a time.......and then I write about it.

Monday, March 23, 2009

Lemon, Poppy seeds, cold and grey outside....time to make some of these:




Lemon poppy seed muffins is what it says on the recipe. If you are my baby you call them cupcakes and if you are Levi you call them papa seed muffins!




Doesn't matter what you call them really, as long as they look like this and taste like this. When the kids have a day off from school I like to make these as a treat for them. The photo looks blurry but in actuality, it is steam from that just out of the oven muffin/cupcake. If you look at the top of the photo at the muffins still in the pan you can see the steam on them. Looks smokey. Kind of cool and would look even better if I knew how to take decent photo's and then photo shopped them.




It helps if you have an awesome sister like I do that buys you really cool jumbo muffin pottery like this one for Christmas years ago. It helps if your pan is covered in chips and cracks that are now stained brown. This is a well loved piece of kitchen crockery. Pieces of burnt batter on dripping off the edges gives it a nice touch too!




I used to be able to feed my entire family with that big jumbo muffin dish but the natives kept coming and so I have to make the jumbo ones and these to fill em all up. We eat a lot and I'm afraid it is going to get a lot worse before it gets better for a few more years.

5 comments:

  1. we love these at our house too.. Laira calls them Poppin seed muffins.

    I think her and Levi could be great pals :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look delicious! Next time the kids have a day off maybe I'll stop by to get one. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sigh. I used to make stuff like this on conference Saturday. Now I'm lying on the couch, looking at them, counting the roll of tufting over my abs (do I have abs?) and knowing I can't come over and lift one before they're gone. Lousy, dang gray, cold stinking day. Chaz and I got turned down by Scholastic (they still have my other book), and now I have to go hunting again. How I hate hunting. Right now, I hate everything except ribeye steak. And dark chocolate. None of which I can have. Of course.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh man those look SO GOOD! I LOVE lemon poppyseed muffins. I want them right now. What am I going to do?

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are all welcome to come over anytime I make these and snitch. :)

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead..you know ya wanna comment!