Making memories one day at a time.......and then I write about it.

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Wanted! Maid. Pay. All the old Christmas candy she can find in the couch.

It's official. I'm back. Darn it......

I did write my baby sis and told her that the people have spoken and you all want her recipe for yams that are edible.

My trip to MT was too short and the reality of it is......reality. And I don't like it....

Reality met me at the front door when I got home. The realization that the maid had taken advantage while I was gone. I suppose she saw the vacant couch and took her turn at holding it in place leafing through old catalogs and sucking on old Christmas candy found deep in the catacombs under the couch cushions.

When I got home, I walked into the kitchen trying to find a place to put my purse down but all counter space was covered in several days worth of school papers, pine wood derby paraphernalia (spray paint, newspaper, etc.), and sticky goo.

Abandoning the kitchen I walked upstairs carefully stepping over clothing and toys trying to make it to my bedroom so I could deposit my luggage. It would appear that bedding is not needed to sleep with after all and makes lovely throw rugs through out ones bedroom. Putting them on ones bed is just a suggestion......a lousy one at that from the looks of things.

I contemplated locking myself in the bathroom after threatening the maid that she better set things to right and she had less than 24 hours to do so when I remembered something critical as I sat there shaking my finger and yelling at her. Something rather crucial really. If I locked myself in the bathroom and refused to come out until the maid had cleaned everything up or she'd be fired.....that person I was yelling at and shaking my finger at......was my reflection in the bathroom mirror! I'm the maid!!! The darn house was just as it was when I left and if I fire myself......no one will work for my wages.......sigh.......

Old Christmas candy anyone? I'll give ya some if you'll come scrub my bathrooms.....

2 comments:

  1. My maid does a terrible job, too. Everytime I turn around there is another mess she hasn't cleaned yet. What is wrong with her?? Does she understand the meaning of a Clean House. I don't thing she does. Where does a woman find good housekeeping help these days??? When you find a good maid let me know mine needs to be fired for incompetance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine is lousy about getting up the dog hair and keeping the hard floors swept and dusting. But she's been heck on cleaning out cabinets lately.

    It's heartbreaking to come home to more work than you left, though. I should have been over there beating the natives. Instead, I was on the couch, trying to outmaneuver a virus. I regret this. I would have enjoyed beating the natives.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead..you know ya wanna comment!