Making memories one day at a time.......and then I write about it.

Thursday, March 19, 2009

What every expectant parent needs to know before giving birth.



It is at times like these (family gatherings, birthday parties) that I am reminded of why family is so important.



My nephew Tyler and his wife Alex came to Levi's birthday. Their gift to Levi was this rubber chicken.





Not just "any" rubber chicken.




I am so grateful for older cousins sharing in these special moments and for the example they are to their younger and very impressionable cousins.

My sister will be so proud of her son and the things he is passing on to the younger generations.



And the more my nephew and beautiful niece pass onto my children.....it's catching you know?



Makes me want to return the favor. I can't wait until they have their baby!

6 comments:

  1. Oh, my gosh. That is the grossest chicken EVER. I especially liked that last bit. I wonder if chickens ever actually do pass gas?

    ReplyDelete
  2. K- It's not gas! Can't you see the little yellow egg?

    Wait...come to think of it....eggs aren't yellow....inside the shell yes...butt (hee). Maybe it is gas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. at the store it said Chicken laying an egg...we hoped we wouldnt spark any questions like "is this where babies come from?? We dont want to be responsible for teaching them any such thing...im sure we sparked the "how did Alex get pregnant" question and now the...is that how baby comes out?? I guess we have to grow up sometime...well Tyler. It was his idea. :) As long as it makes Levi smile...we are satisified..it is gross though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm...laughing....it's gross, but funny.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alex, I'm raising boys.....they don't have a clue to even ask those kinds of questions. All over their heads.......

    The chicken is a perfect gift for our house hold.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead..you know ya wanna comment!