Making memories one day at a time.......and then I write about it.

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

A little culture




On Saturday my Sexy Man loaded all of us up in "Clifford" (our big red suburban). He was on a mission. A mission to teach us all some culture and refinement. Off to the Museum of Art we went and heck or high water......he was going to make ladies and gentlemen of us all.

We learned a lot. We learned that you can't take food or drink into a museum so before you enter you have to eat your apple really really fast with big bites.




Second, we learned that we are not allowed to take pictures inside the museum cataloging our experience so that we could later look at the photos and see where we could improve on our manners, decorum, and posture.



Thirdly, (and my final straw) we learned that you are not allowed to sit down inside of the museum even if one of your little ones who is not so little wants to be held so instead of standing there trying to lug your 70 pound "baby" around you try to sit on the ground and hold him only to be told by security that you can't sit down.

Conclusion: If culture and refinement require security.....give me back my apple cuz I wanna chuck it at em.

6 comments:

  1. argh! They are SO uptight at that stupid museum. I've been yelled at myself there more than once for sitting or lying down. I mean seriously, what does that hurt?
    Dumb old security dorks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny, I have not been to the museum in years, but a week or so ago I took my family 3 times in one week. The fine arts bug must be going around. We also stopped up at the book store and picked up fudge for the big samoan man that visits us occasioinally and chocolate coins for the rest of the tribe. We did speed rounds and we slipped through the establishment unnoticed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle, you know it is funny. We haven't been up there in forever either. You got the better deal though if you stopped and got fudge and coins.....all we got was yelled at.....by the time we left I had my unders in such a bunch I was walking crooked!

    Ginna, I didn't get the whole don't sit down thing at all. Every time I turned around I felt like security was making a beeline for us to let us know something else we couldn't do. I suppose having 7 natives might have had something to do with it...who knows. I can just see it now. "Security, red alert. A big red suburban just pulled in. Yup! It's full of youngin's. Must be another one of those homeschool mormon families. Better keep an eye on em".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sure, we had the 7 natives with us. The 7 natives indeed behaved in a most educated manner like 6 perfect gentlemen and one perfect lady. I only recollect one person getted reprimanded by security. In fact, that same individual had multiple security "situations". I think that the security guards are well-trained to spot a troublemaker when they see one. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Sexy Man, do you want me to start referring to you as Stinky Man? Who's side are you on any who's???

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, this exchange has done me good. I am feeling better about life all around. Yeah - I was in the Louvre one time, leaning really close in to look at the detail in a very small painting, and this old lady literally threw herself between me and the painting and yelled at me. My word. I wanted to slap her. With all those gang members running around, she had to try to give ME the ticket?

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead..you know ya wanna comment!