Making memories one day at a time.......and then I write about it.

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Upon closer inspection.




Every year at about this time as the bald eagles migrate they stop to rest for a tidge right here along the river trail. It is a magnificent sight to see.




Several times my boys have been out here riding horses and have spotted the eagles as they soar over their heads looking for their appetizer, lunch, emotional snack between lunch and dinner.......





It was on an eagle sight seeing outing that this photo was taken. The natives were running around, all were craning necks to see the tops of trees, the two younger natives being shoe less were being carried by my SM and oldest son.



When the photos were being taken I wasn't thinking about symbolism. I was just shooting photos.





It wasn't until I saw the photos on my computer after downloading them that I saw the photo with my son carrying his baby brother up close and it melted my heart and everything else in me.



I got to thinking about how so many times life is like this. We have so much going on around us that until we zoom in on something and focus on it we really don't see it or understand the situation.




And yet that doesn't always work.




Because sometimes we are too close to a subject or situation




and it isn't until we take a step back





that we see the bigger picture and can evaluate what exactly is going on. Life is complicated. I'm so full of wisdom today aren't I? It's terrifying really. Which is why I'll never be a very good photographer. I zoom when I should step back and I open things wide open when I should zoom. Kind of like my parenting.....

3 comments:

  1. What great pics!

    I think we all get to close to situations or don't "zoom in" when we should. At least we know that this is a test and we are here to learn all we can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. loved all your pictures!!! ever heard of "the footprints"...reminds me of that story.

    Brian carrying levi...ouch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that big old tree. What a cool place to grow up, with all that nature around.
    Big picture is tough sometimes. And it's hard to even realize what's going on when I have a camera in my hand sometimes. There are times I just have to leave the camera behind so I can actually be involved in whatever is going on.
    But then I can't remember it later!!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead..you know ya wanna comment!